I'm rather surprised there is no Stone Temple Pilots thread, or if there was it's really old as I couldn't find anything in the search.

But with a new singer, a new song, and inevitably a new album, I figured we may as well start a new thread to discuss all things STP new, and old. I'm with most older fans that think that Chester is the wrong man for the job. The live video made me cringe, haven't heard the studio track.

http://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sound-check/stone-temple-pilots-bash-lead-singer-linkin-park-171532244.html

I've seen them a couple times back in the day, and it was good. The performance was alright, a few technical problems, and Scott's pipes were a bit off, but the songs, and the setlist was so iconic that it was hard not to enjoy yourself.

Anyway plenty of time for further discussion.

Thoughts?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Last edited by Toadvine at Jul 15, 2013,
Couldn't care less about STP, Chester, LP or anyone involved, but you "fans" need to get your heads out of your bottoms and see that Chester is doing an amazing job and is a damn great singer. The song is good, too.
for rent
Quote by Toadvine
haven't heard the studio track.

There's your problem. It's really good so give it a try. Also, don't expect Chester to be a copy of Scott, he's not. Give the guy a chance and see what happens. I really think they're up to something quite spectacular.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Well first of all I didn't say anything bad about Chester or his singing, I just don't think it's a proper fit.

Breaking news Black Sabbath announces Eddie Vedder as new lead singer!!!

You don't have to hear that to know it wouldn't work. I did go back and listen to the new studio track, and several live tracks. The studio track was okay, the live ones hit or miss.

Really what I'm wondering is, what's the difference between this and Army of Anyone? I mean changing the band named failed the first time, so let's keep it this time? Strange.

I was going through some of the live tracks and I came upon this forgotten gem. I used to own this CD, STP also played a version of Creep, in which Scott, and Aaron Lewis did a duet. It's odd thinking now that Scott, and Chester did a duet with STP, and the version is better than the studio track.

http://youtu.be/QVi3wlbSn1M
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Put it this way. Everyone now thinks of Chester, quite rightfully I guess, as the face of Linkin Park, and nothing more. While it is true, what's more true is that Chester was just... hired to sing for a project that turned into Linkin Park, and then into the monster we now know. All the while Chester was just a singer, who HAPPENED to get a gig in what would become a world-famous band with a, let's say, "specific" style that doesn't suit many (but get's one a lot of money). It's obviously a blessing but also a bit of a curse because now anything Chester ever does in his life (musically) will be viewed exclusively under the light of his LP career, which is a shame.

If we forget for a moment that he's from Linkin Park and suppose his name is Benster Chenington, would you still really say that he somehow doesn't fit into STP? Ok, ok, I know everyone wants Weiland and only him, but again, that's not the new guy's fault, is it? Is Chester really such an inappropriate new guy and if so, who do you prefer instead?
for rent
So I guess Stone Temple Pilots are now suing Scott Wieland for basically being an underachieving jackass.

I don't know how many of you all check the front page, but the story is all there.
Quote by Gakusey
Put it this way. Everyone now thinks of Chester, quite rightfully I guess, as the face of Linkin Park, and nothing more. While it is true, what's more true is that Chester was just... hired to sing for a project that turned into Linkin Park, and then into the monster we now know. All the while Chester was just a singer, who HAPPENED to get a gig in what would become a world-famous band with a, let's say, "specific" style that doesn't suit many (but get's one a lot of money). It's obviously a blessing but also a bit of a curse because now anything Chester ever does in his life (musically) will be viewed exclusively under the light of his LP career, which is a shame.

If we forget for a moment that he's from Linkin Park and suppose his name is Benster Chenington, would you still really say that he somehow doesn't fit into STP? Ok, ok, I know everyone wants Weiland and only him, but again, that's not the new guy's fault, is it? Is Chester really such an inappropriate new guy and if so, who do you prefer instead?

TAD! The answer is always TAD.
Favorite Stone Temple Pilots song anyone?

I'd have to go with;

1 Interstate Love Song
2 Plush (the live acoustic, headbanger's ball version)
3 Lounge Fly
4 Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart
5 Creep

Albums

1 Purple
2 Core
3 No. 4
4 Tiny Music Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop
5 Shangri La-dee-da

I never listened to other one.

Also got quite the soft spot for;

http://youtu.be/x2_dGkqYu6M

And such a Jim Morrison Vibe

http://youtu.be/Ev5ClVuiUC4