Page 1 of 2
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-boy-scouts-lift-ban-on-gay-youth-20130523,0,5686326.story

I was watching a story on the news about this, and at a press conference, one of the Boy Scout representatives say that they now accept homosexuals as "legitimate, whole, perfect creatures from God." (lets save the "God isn't real, Ron Paul '16" posts for a different thread). Then one guy was saying that they will start teaching boys ages 6-17 about what homosexuality is, which sounds like a good idea to me.

I personally think the decision is probably just a response for the Boy Scouts to make up for all the criticism they got for being anti-gay. But eh, the decision will ultimately and hopefully lead to something positive.
i thought all boy scouts were already gay?

good for them
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
didnt realize boy scouts was a religious thing, well will be sure not to send my future kids there
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Except they still don't allow adult homosexuals to be scout leaders.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
bunch of new merit badges on the horizon.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
well will be sure not to send my future kids there
Yes, the well has always promoted secularism.
Getting gay with kids is here
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by bradulator
Except they still don't allow adult homosexuals to be scout leaders.
Honestly, I think that'll probably come soon enough. Hopefully they're ripping off the band-aid slowly for intolerant parents who are still afraid of that SNL sketch.
I don't see why everyone mad such an uproar over their banning of homosexuals. It is a private ran club that can make their own rules.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Why were they banned in the first place?

I know a very religious kid involved with the boy scouts who is now ashamed to have been involved with the organization. He's kind of an intolerant jerk when you aren't talking to him face-to-face. Are there seriously a lot of people angry about this move? Then again, this could be just him being angry that his only correct and moral religious views are not the standards everyone else is still using. I could go on a huge rant about this kid's intolerant and obnoxious nature, so sorry about that.

I could be a dolt, but someone please explain this quote. "The boy scouts were never co-ed, they shouldn't be now (not calling homosexuals girls)." I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the hell that is talking about.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Here's my $0.02 for anyone who gives a shit. I'm an Eagle scout (the highest attainable rank in Boy scouts. Only 4% of scouts make it). I've been involved with the BSA for about 10 years. I'm being 100% honest. In all the troops in my area (more than 500 kids, easily), there is no issue with homosexuals or atheists whatsoever. The rules were made in the early 1900s. You know, like when women couldn't vote, and non-whites couldn't really do much, yea. The rules really aren't relevant anymore. The religious aspect isn't even that big. I've had atheists in my troop. The only thing that would possibly bother them was "Scout Sunday". One day out of the entire year, there is a completely optional mass held in a church. They are not forced to go. That is the only religious influence in scouts. These rules were made in a time where "religious" meant "someone with morals", and "atheist" meant "a lawless rebel". We had an openly gay kid in our troop for a brief time. No one gives a shit. In my experience, scouting isn't about being religious or having a girlfriend (well, that one for sure lololol), It's about having respect for your peers.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by jonathan666666
Here's my $0.02 for anyone who gives a shit. I'm an Eagle scout (the highest attainable rank in Boy scouts. Only 4% of scouts make it). I've been involved with the BSA for about 10 years. I'm being 100% honest. In all the troops in my area (more than 500 kids, easily), there is no issue with homosexuals or atheists whatsoever. The rules were made in the early 1900s. You know, like when women couldn't vote, and non-whites couldn't really do much, yea. The rules really aren't relevant anymore. The religious aspect isn't even that big. I've had atheists in my troop. The only thing that would possibly bother them was "Scout Sunday". One day out of the entire year, there is a completely optional mass held in a church. They are not forced to go. That is the only religious influence in scouts. These rules were made in a time where "religious" meant "someone with morals", and "atheist" meant "a lawless rebel". We had an openly gay kid in our troop for a brief time. No one gives a shit. In my experience, scouting isn't about being religious or having a girlfriend (well, that one for sure lololol), It's about having respect for your peers.

**** your eagles, I want a turtle scout!
Quote by jonathan666666

Yeah I was in Boy Scouts for a few years as a kid and religion was never even brought up.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I don't see why everyone mad such an uproar over their banning of homosexuals. It is a private ran club that can make their own rules.

I think a good part of it has to do with the size and history of the boy scouts. They're a fairly big organization and many people (including me) were a part of it at some point. They have a big standing and for some reason they decided to create an issue and then enforce it and piss everyone off, when there was really no issue to begin with.

I don't recall religion being a part of it at all but that might just be cause it's Canadian scouts and I live in a place that's not overly religious.
Last edited by CaptainRon at May 23, 2013,
Quote by Most_Triumphant

So people shouldn't be pissed at someone being an asshole because they have the right to do so?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by CoreysMonster
I always wanted to be in Boy Scouts.

They told me they don't accept guys in their mid-20s.

Robin Williams would be ashamed.
Quote by due 07
what do they want, a medal?

I don't understand you, Due. You preach tolerance from everyone and give no credit to those who move towards it. It's true, it shouldn't be a shocking or unexpected thing in today's society for an organization to do what's decent towards human beings, but as it stands considering the attitude of people, every little helps.

Give credit where credit is...
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Watching the trailer now and I just remembered watching that movie as a kid a long ass time ago! It's so '90's.
Yeah, that fairy chick gave me a raging boner as a kid.

BTW, Batty was the shit when I was a kid. That rap brings back sweet memories
Toxic Love is what I remember the most. Out of everything in that movie, that song number was what stuck with me after all these years.
Quote by bdof
Yeah, that fairy chick gave me a raging boner as a kid.

BTW, Batty was the shit when I was a kid. That rap brings back sweet memories

Batty is still the shit

**** the haters, Batty 4 lyfe!
They had a gay ban this whole time? Dang. Could've fooled me.
I don't keep up very well with these things.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by MAC2322
I don't understand you, Due. You preach tolerance from everyone and give no credit to those who move towards it. It's true, it shouldn't be a shocking or unexpected thing in today's society for an organization to do what's decent towards human beings, but as it stands considering the attitude of people, every little helps.

Give credit where credit is...

being less pieces of shit isn't that commendable.
I was a boy scout.

Then, I found Jesus.

I've been spraying my jizz into pussies across the Midwest ever since.

But really, Boy Scouts are an organization that focus on camping and fishing and finding your way in the woods (orienteering, bitch!). Of course their majority are going to stray right of center. But they're a private organization they can do what they want (so hard not to let my constitutional law nerd out here).

People are slowly becoming more tolerant of homosexuality. This is just one inevitability. But these things happen over time. Mostly as old people die.

So yeah, **** old people...figuratively.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at May 24, 2013,
Quote by due 07
being less pieces of shit isn't that commendable.

What an intolerant view...
I was in the boy scouts when I was a kid...

I had no idea it was religious and against gays. I mean they had meetings and stuff in churches, but around here, pretty much everything is done in a church. lol
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
I was in the boy scouts when I was a kid...

I had no idea it was religious and against gays. I mean they had meetings and stuff in churches, but around here, pretty much everything is done in a church. lol

It's not like that's in the handbook or anything.

Which now makes the Boy Scout Handbook the best selling book ever to not be the basis for any anti-gay organization.

But like I said, ok I didn't really say this, the BSA is really a very grassroots, segmented organization. There's a lot of distance between corporate HQ decisions what actually happens.
Page 1 of 2