GuitarNewbee
3,693 IQ
I popped the high e string (thinest one) so now i cant play much and don't know what to play since everything i want to has it

genres like
Grung
Punk
pop punk

i like heavier ones like deathcore,metalcore,posthardcore, etc. but dont want to see a tab full of cheerios right now
i'm mainly looking to play something soft like around the sound of nirvana,foofighters,the strokes, the killers, blink 182, etc.
Jarrodthebobo
Youth Gone Wild
937 IQ
Um...get a new string?
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
GuitarNewbee
3,693 IQ
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Um...get a new string?

closest music shop is 3 hours away, its 8:42 where i live, and my mom wont take me, i dont have a car and so had to order from online.
SteveHOC
Used Register
1,051 IQ
Buy sets in multiples and don't run them down. Always keep yourself set in strings.
OffsetOffset
GuitarNewbee
3,693 IQ
Quote by SteveHOC
Buy sets in multiples and don't run them down. Always keep yourself set in strings.

i use ernie ball cobalts which are pretty expensive for strings $10.45 a pack...and i just wasted most of my money on other stuff so i dont got money to buy 10 packs.
SteveHOC
Used Register
1,051 IQ
Quote by GuitarNewbee
i use ernie ball cobalts which are pretty expensive for strings $10.45 a pack...and i just wasted most of my money on other stuff so i dont got money to buy 10 packs.

Ah, yeah that changes things. I always use D'addario 10's and 11's, usually bought in three packs off the bay.
OffsetOffset
fugazi osbourne
14 IQ
You want to play Nirvana? I can't think of a single Nirvana song that uses the high e string.
dspellman
1,110 IQ
Quote by GuitarNewbee

Wow. I usually wait for a sale that has GHS Boomers on sale for $2-3 a pack and then stock up. If I'm feeling especially flush or going on a paying gig, I'll put a set of Dean Markley Blue Steels (a five-buck set of strings) on them, and if they're going to be on there a long time, they get Elixirs. I don't even LOOK at the expensive strings made of Unobtanium and Adamantium beta.
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
You can play every song without the high E string

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Iommianity
1,882 IQ
Uh just take all those notes and play them on the B string? Or just leave the note out of the chord, not really a big deal. It's not like you lost access to the notes or something.
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig
1,400 IQ
Quote by Iommianity
Uh just take all those notes and play them on the B string? Or just leave the note out of the chord, not really a big deal. It's not like you lost access to the notes or something.

Especially for punk and grunge.

Not talking bad about the genre, but you probably aren't missing much by losing the high e string for punk and grunge.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
There's this thing called the Internet. You can buy stuff on it. Yes, including strings!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

hminh87
Justin here!
4,672 IQ
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop

You don't have to mute the thing now you don't have it :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

fergus74
1,214 IQ
Check out Rotosound strings, you get 2 'e' strings per pack....
<3beat
21 IQ
Sepultura's rythym guitar. Hell, you wont even need the G and B strings either!
Lavatain
5150 III Enthusiast
1,229 IQ
Every genre and band you listed I can't think of them having at least song with no high e string use.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
GuitarNewbee
3,693 IQ
Quote by Lavatain
Every genre and band you listed I can't think of them having at least song with no high e string use.

i know blink does in several of their songs.
HomerSGR
What?
1,011 IQ
My local music store will charge you $12 for a standard set of Ernie Balls or D'Addarios and $21 for Elixirs.

Welcome to Sweden. And buying from Amazon.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.