Hello people, I am currently in the process of buying a new cabinet to replace my Marshall MG 4x12. Now my amp is a Peavey Triple X. It's very dark sounding, lots of mids, kinda woofy on the bass. ( could be my cab ) I was thinking a cab with v30s would be good, but maybe there is a better choice to even out my sound. Thanks man.
I went with closed back, and two V-30's. An Avatar cabinet. Excellent quality and it really shakes the walls hooked up to my 50 watt tube or 40 watt SS amp. They (Avatar) also sell a convertible cabinet back, but I love my closed back. Lots of low end grunt and thump.
Quote by hatchet_job
I went with closed back, and two V-30's. An Avatar cabinet. Excellent quality and it really shakes the walls hooked up to my 50 watt tube or 40 watt SS amp. They (Avatar) also sell a convertible cabinet back, but I love my closed back. Lots of low end grunt and thump.

I've actually been looking at Avatar cabs. They look promising, they had one on eBay for around $200-$300 bucks. Avatar put the amp on there since it got a ding in it, if only I would've had the money then.
Quote by Sir Stoney
Hello people, I am currently in the process of buying a new cabinet to replace my Marshall MG 4x12. Now my amp is a Peavey Triple X. It's very dark sounding, lots of mids, kinda woofy on the bass. ( could be my cab ) I was thinking a cab with v30s would be good, but maybe there is a better choice to even out my sound. Thanks man.

This is the only part of your post that concerns me, the XXX is usually a very bright amp, a lot of people consider this its biggest flaw. It could just be your cab, but out of curiosity, how do you run your setup (settings, guitar, etc.) ?

I agree you need a new cab, but I just want to figure out if that's the only reason that your amp is behaving "abnormally"
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
This is the only part of your post that concerns me, the XXX is usually a very bright amp, a lot of people consider this its biggest flaw. It could just be your cab, but out of curiosity, how do you run your setup (settings, guitar, etc.) ?

I agree you need a new cab, but I just want to figure out if that's the only reason that your amp is behaving "abnormally"

Well I just bought an Avatar 2x12. And since the Triple X has an Active EQ I keep my EQ knobs at noon and slightly adjust from there.
you wont be disappointed. i have a traditional, its really nice. not sure i will ever have the need to change it.

i loaded it with WGS speakers. same deal, doubt i will ever change em. awesome.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)