Long story short
Put on 3 layers of krylon acrylic crystal clear over duplicolor perfect match (3 other guitar refinishes turned out perfect)
Let dry over night

http://i.imgur.com/b5KUzdy.jpg

How does this happen? It occurred in 2 other areas but this one actually concerns me.
Do I just sand respray?
???
Last edited by solidrane at May 26, 2013,
It almost looks like you didn't use wood filler in that area.

Go ahead and sand it down and repaint it again.
That looks like the paint went on far too thick and separated while it was drying

10 mist coats are much much better than 2 or 3 thick coats
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Dont EVER use wood filler on a guitar.
I'm guessing Somekid94 may have meant grain filler.

But for the sake of everyone's education, why should you NEVER use wood filler on a guitar?
Quote by von Layzonfon
I'm guessing Somekid94 may have meant grain filler.

But for the sake of everyone's education, why should you NEVER use wood filler on a guitar?

Wood filler's got a nasty tendancy to shrink over time. A better bet is to use marine epoxy resin.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Update:

I recall that a run repair was done on that area on an incredibly humid day. I believe the coats were too thick.

Paint likely wrinkled/shrunk a bit if that's possible.
Sanded down to primer and resprayed the area.

let it dry last night and decided to see how it looked with hardware. The hardware was just put on top, nothing screwed in.

http://imgur.com/Hn7eV6T

Goes back to the garage for the final coats, then i go on vacation as she cures.

I guess that's the thread, thanks a lot. Lessons learned:
Humidity: avoid it.
Thick coats: avoid it.
???
Last edited by solidrane at May 26, 2013,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Wood filler (non guitar specific) Shrinks and cracks badly. It is really bad for under finishes.
Thanks. That's so much more helpful than just shouting that it shouldn't be done.