What is the recommendation for an American acoustic. Anything worth the money?
Quote by azledon
What is the recommendation for an American acoustic. Anything worth the money?
I wouldn't touch that question with a ten foot pole. The "USA Guild of Luthiers Amalgamated", might put out a hit contract on me.
Perhaps I phrased the question wrong.

recommendations for guitars acoustic that are locally made?
depends on your preferences. there's martin, taylor and gibson (the martin x series and taylor 100 and 200 series are not built in the u.s., but the rest of their guitars are). there are also lots of great luthiers and boutique shops like santa cruz guitar company and huss & dalton - there are 2 that make some of my favorite guitars, but there's more. edwinson guitar, tim mcknight, howard klepper, collings, goodall, froggy bottom, kathy wingert, cornerstone guitars... oh, and the other day i played a carmel guitar co guitar that was a standout. the list of u.s. boutique and individual luthiers goes on and on and on...

do you have size, nut width or tonal preferences - how about a budget?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at May 24, 2013,
Quote by azledon
Perhaps I phrased the question wrong.

recommendations for guitars acoustic that are locally made?
I don't suppose you're willing to accept "Canada", as being "local"?
Well, like most everything else these days, products made in China are a lot cheaper... so in reply to the part of your question about being worth the money, I'd have to say that anything made in the USA seems overpriced by comparison. That's a real problem, because most people don't have tons of extra money and are forced to buy the less expensive foreign stuff... and as that continues, the American companies often have to go out of business, or make quality compromises.
Last edited by Prescott_Player at May 25, 2013,