Would it be possible to use a line 6 pocket pod in the effects loop for the 6505+? I only want to use it to add overdrive, delay, and reverb. I want the core of my sound to be coming from the 6505+
Set the amp model to "Tube Preamp"; this switches to the simplest model on the Pod and disables cab emulation. Might wanna flatten the EQ too.

Best way to do this is via the USB interface, Vyzex. You can turn the EQ off entirely through that, and you get more control over the chorus and stuff, there's some FANTASTIC sounds in there, but you can't get to them through the front panel on the Pod itself.

EDIT: The remote control system the Pod uses is a bit odd; it's a USB MIDI controller, and the Pod interprets the MIDI messages it receives. There's a debug window in Vyzex which tells you what messages it's sending, so you can write scripts/etc. to control the Pod from a laptop or netbook. At one point I had a GlovePIE script that could control the wah built in (yep, there's one, no, you can't save it in presets or access it without Vyzex) using a Wii remote.
Last edited by jameswilddev at May 24, 2013,
Overdrive is certainly for the front of the amp, not the loop. It's called overdrive because it is driving your preamp harder—over-driving it, if you will—into more breakup. It's not an 'effect', really, it's more like a control.

But yes, you can stick a POD in your loop, just be aware that it will take away some of the response of your preamp and that a lot of the POD's features are not designed to be used in this way. The delays, reverbs, chorus and so on will be fine, but you don't want to use the boosts, compressors, gates or distortions in the loop there.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have experimented with my pocket pod in front of a variety of amps, as well as through an effects loop. Each time, in my opinion, it sounded terrible and was the worst of both worlds: it brought out the artificial, never-quite-free-of-delay/reverb quality of the pocket pod tone, and diminished the good tone of the amps.

The pocket pod is a great little device for bedroom practice via headphones, but I think it works best when you recognize its limitations =^)
^this. Buy a tubescreamer and a carbon copy, and you will thank me for it later.
Quote by TJWhonley
^this. Buy a tubescreamer and a carbon copy, and you will thank me for it later.

+1.
If I would need an overdrive and a delay and had enough money, I would probably get that.
Quote by JackovSlayer
+1.
If I would need an overdrive and a delay and had enough money, I would probably get that.

Ahh...If I had enough money...