Well the other day I got my package from Tube Depot. The service was very speedy, I ordered the tubes on Sun and they arrived on Wed.
This was the first time I have used them, but I will deff be using them more in the future.

Now for what your here for :
Quad of JJ E34L
2 Mullard 12AX7 re-issue
2 Sovtek 12AX7LPS
1 JJ ECC803
1 JJ 5751
1 EHX 12AX7

now I did not "need" these tubes at all, but like Cath says always good to have spares lying around just incase
And most were on sale
Attachments:
001.jpg
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 24, 2013,
Quote by Grawgos
Sweet.
Let us know how those Mullard pre amp tubes are.

I have bought a few several months ago, and they are really nice. I know they are not the real deal, but they are pretty nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I have bought a few several months ago, and they are really nice. I know they are not the real deal, but they are pretty nice.

I have the re-issue el84's in my handsome devil and they sound great, I haven't tried the preamp tubes though. At least not yet.
Cool Rob.

I like to keep a few extras around. My NOS JAN/Philips 5751 arrived Tuesday. I don't really have an amp to test it in yet. Can't hurt to have one around.

I think I still have a tung sold a JJ803s kicking around for spares.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Good man. I'm running JJ 6CA7's in the JCM900 atm and i gotta say that I'm pretty impressed. As you know I drive it into power tube distortion and they're pretty damn nice once you get them cooking.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah I have SED el34's in my JCM2000 and I doubt they are going any where in the next yr, but the JJ's were $49 for a set, kinda hard to pass that up. I've also been wanting a Laney AOR/GH and now if I get one, I got the tubes on hand.

Most of the 12ax7's I bought because all my friends are too scared to open their amps up and swap tubes. I only charge them beer or bud normally + cost of materials. So now there will be no wait for tubes.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
what's the sovtech lps good for? why did you buy that?

about the mullard RI tubes i would have gone for more 5751s but that's just my preference. i liked the eh 12ax7 but not a lot of others here do, maybe it's because i used it in mostly low gain amps.

nice haul!
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 25, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
what's the sovtech lps good for? why did you buy that?

about the mullard RI tubes i would have gone for more 5751s but that's just my preference. i liked the eh 12ax7 but not a lot of others here do, maybe it's because i used it in mostly low gain amps.

nice haul!

I've always heard the 12ax7LPS was the sovtek to buy if you are getting sovtek, and I figured I'd give them a try.(even Cath said they're a decent tube)

Actually these are the second round of new Mullards I have bought, and they sound really good compared to a lot of tubes

I have never tried the JJ 5751, so I figured I'd see how they stack up to the JAN GE 5751's I have.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Here I expected to see a trumpet.

"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Robbgnarly
I've always heard the 12ax7LPS was the sovtek to buy if you are getting sovtek, and I figured I'd give them a try.(even Cath said they're a decent tube)

Actually these are the second round of new Mullards I have bought, and they sound really good compared to a lot of tubes

I have never tried the JJ 5751, so I figured I'd see how they stack up to the JAN GE 5751's I have.

i have to check and see which ones are in my sovtech bag. i don't think i have any lps'.

i didn't mind the mullard ri tubes, they were decent. i did like the eh better in the tweaker v2 spot, maybe because it's such a dark amp?

i only have old 5751s i've sniped from the bay, but i'd expect a new jj to be decent.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Here I expected to see a trumpet.

My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Quote by Robbgnarly

Hntd!

Im keen to hear your opinion on this since the JJ's are a fair bit cheaper then the jan's. looking at buying some 5751's myself.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Quote by gregs1020
i have to check and see which ones are in my sovtech bag. i don't think i have any lps'.

i didn't mind the mullard ri tubes, they were decent. i did like the eh better in the tweaker v2 spot, maybe because it's such a dark amp?

i only have old 5751s i've sniped from the bay, but i'd expect a new jj to be decent.

I tried the JJ 5751 in V1 of my 1980Jr and the I tried my JAN GE 5751 in V1 and the JJ was very surprising, Very smooth and harmonicly rich. The Sovtek LPS is nice in my PI and FX loop (V4/V5).

The EHX did not work that great in any position, not that it is bad, but the 1980 Jr is kinda a brighter splawn QR (and I know Splawns have a tendency to be brighter amps)

The Mullard 12ax7 and the JJ Ecc803 work well any where
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate