So..... I was considering changing out all the pots, caps, wiring etc...A local guitar shop told me that I should consider RS Guitarworks for complete wiring harnesses.. So, I was looking around their site, and for their "JP" wiring setup lists:

(2) 500K RS Long-Shaft SuperPots®
(2) 500K Alpha Push-pull Audio taper pot- Audio taper pots work great for tone controls This pot gives you the coil tap and out-of-phase options.
(1) RS Paper and Oil GuitarCap® by Jensen .022
(1) RS Paper and Oil GuitarCap® .015

I searched what people thought about "ALPHA" Push pull pots.. Some were not too crazy about them and said you were better off with Dimarzios...

Has anyone used ALPHA pots? If so, whats your opinion on them?

-Thanks
RS has a pretty good rep, I feel they wouldn't use Alphas in their kits unless they felt they they were adequate. It's a tone control, it's not going to need the best sweep in the world. I'd usually go CTS over Alpha but Alpha should be good enough for tone pots.
Bourne
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Seref
RS has a pretty good rep, I feel they wouldn't use Alphas in their kits unless they felt they they were adequate. It's a tone control, it's not going to need the best sweep in the world. I'd usually go CTS over Alpha but Alpha should be good enough for tone pots.

Thank you. I heard they were a reputable company, so what they use must be pretty decent. thanks for the reply.
Yeah, it's a brand of high quality pot. Do a search on ebay and you're bound to find one for a decent price with a dpdt switch attached. That's where I buy mine.
ALPS are a better one again but they have a pretty big housing so they may not fit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I also am a bournes fan. However most of the brand name pots I have used I really haven't had issue with them. Cts and alpha are fine too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Alphas do seem to wear out faster though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification