What are some easy death metal solos? I've been playing for about a year, any death metal is fine
If melodeath counts as "any death metal", I'd say Blinded by Fear by At the Gates, the only one I can think of atm. Not much of a solo, but still a pretty cool one despite its simplicity and short length.
Death Metal solos? Just play so fast no one can tell if your hitting the right notes or not. That's what most DM 'musicians' do. I might sound down on the genre but really I do like some old school DM, but stuff since the mid-90s has been crappy worship music punctuated with shitty 'technical' solos.

Stuff inspired by, but not religiously DM is always good, for a nice slow-hand extreme solo you could try 'Bleed Me an Ocean' by Acid Bath also as Mr Braykah mentioned At the Gates are pretty rad, though thus far one of the few MDM bands I can see any appeal in. Soilwork did a good album or two until they followed In Flames down the path to sellout teeny-bopping purgatory.
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Death Metal solos? Just play so fast no one can tell if your hitting the right notes or not. That's what most DM 'musicians' do. I might sound down on the genre but really I do like some old school DM, but stuff since the mid-90s has been crappy worship music punctuated with shitty 'technical' solos..

uh huh

OT: It depends on what you mean by "easy". Could you give us an example?
I guess I would define something as "easy" if it didn't require that many advanced techniques like sweep picking and if it wasn't that fast. Floods, for example, is a solo I can play (not DM, but w/e).
Quote by Ich 666
Death - Crystal Mountain

That's a pretty good suggestion, I think I'll try that one out
Try something from Carcass' Swansong album... Keep On Rotting or Blackstar. very good album that gets a lot of unnecessary hate.
Honestly, a lot of Solo's in The Faceless - Planetary Duality is not that bad. Xenochrist is really fun. But the outro solo in that song is a bit harder.

One of the first Solos I learned was Death - Overactive Imaginations (Chucks part) and A Moment of Clarity.
This is my Signature.
Last edited by mattscar at May 27, 2013,
Unless you're Trey Azagothoth or the cunt from Scald you probably shouldn't bother with solos at all.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Death Metal solos? Just play so fast no one can tell if your hitting the right notes or not. That's what most DM 'musicians' do. I might sound down on the genre but really I do like some old school DM, but stuff since the mid-90s has been crappy worship music punctuated with shitty 'technical' solos.

Stuff inspired by, but not religiously DM is always good, for a nice slow-hand extreme solo you could try 'Bleed Me an Ocean' by Acid Bath also as Mr Braykah mentioned At the Gates are pretty rad, though thus far one of the few MDM bands I can see any appeal in. Soilwork did a good album or two until they followed In Flames down the path to sellout teeny-bopping purgatory.

I really don't agree with this.
Carcass, Death, Necrophagist, Nile and Cynic play fast, but they have a very neat since of melody. It's not random notes or playing at 250bpm, they use the melodic minor very well, which is a hard scale. They are not wankers like John Petrucci imo.

OP, I recommend Death's Crystal Mountain and Mentally Blind songs, and the last solo from Carcass's Foresinc (the last song from the third album)
I would go with the classic Lamb of God solo Walk With Me in Hell.
"Now I'm free fallin, yeah head first, red hat to the back like Fred Durst" - Lil Wayne
Quote by Ich 666
Death - Crystal Mountain

Not even just the solo, the whole damn song.

Still waiting for the day that an awesome cover of this is done using modern production technique.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend