Hello Pit,

today is Towel Day . It was created a couple of years ago to celebrate the great writer Douglas Adams, creator of the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Anyway, you are supposed to carry a towel wherever you go.

Here's more info about Towel Day
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
I wank into towels.

Well, today it is socially acceptable to carry it around in public (or not )
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
That was a terrible book.

One of the funniest books ever written. More on the British side of humour though
-Douglas Adams
All the people who think Hitchhikers is the coolest thing ever make it the lamest thing ever.

P.S. am British and therefor extra pissy with how brown-nosey people get about it.
Last edited by EqualOfHeaven at May 25, 2013,
Don't forget it's also the Glorious 25th of May (Discworld), the REAL Star Wars day & generally Geek Pride Day for everyone

I will be mostly annoying my friends with sci fi related tweets today.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
All the people who think Hitchhikers is the coolest thing ever make it the lamest thing ever.

Don't shoot the messenger, man.
Yeah even though I really love the book I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy (I'm not carrying a towel myself, oh, and ignore my sig )
-Douglas Adams
Quote by EqualOfHeaven

Everyone must think you're so cool (Y)

You won't be laughing when you run into a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal and don't have anything to wrap around your head!

Also the movie was fuqing awful. No one should celebrate that awful movie.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 25, 2013,
Morning all and happy towel day.
I was out on the town last night and all I can say is my head feels like it has been smashed by a slice of lemon wrapped round a gold brick.

Tis a great book.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Radio Show > Book > TV Series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hollywood Movie

Quote by DisarmGoliath

That on the other hand is true, but I still think the way Marvin looks is awesome, only problem being that he is just way too big.
-Douglas Adams
I liked a lot of the aesthetics, costumes, sets, that kinda thing. The little cameos were good too.

It's just that everything else was poorly done, especially the casting. Matt Freeman whilst bumbling enough to be Dent, wasn't frustrated or forceful enough to be Dent.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire

Agreed. Mos Def is just not a good actor and I don't even know what was going on with the accent. The fact that he was so blatantly doing an impression of a British accent was atleast true to his character I suppose.
The only good parts from the movie were ripped directly from the Guide and read out by Stephen Fry. That, and Martin Freeman makes the perfect Arthur Dent.

Probably is my favourite book (and gotta be one of the best written comedy novels), but I've seen anyone claim that it was 'cool'.

Had a marathon of the radio series once. Best 17 hours ever wasted.
I thought the movie was OK Not great obviously, but definitely not bad either. Just put the DVD on to make sure
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud