Looking for a good quality, non daisy chain power supply for my pedalboard. Budget would be £150. Don't mind spending close to that, but going up to £200 is just ridiculous.

I would like a power supply that is able to power my pedals listed in signature. I'm currently running 2 power supplies, an 18V that came with the MXR, and the Boss pedals are daisy chained from a PSA adapter, using the daisy chain output on the NS-2. I want to be able to use just one plug socket, rather than two, as it takes a lot of stress with some venues and the extension cable sharing at band practices.

Ideally I want something that will produce at least one 18V, and many 9Vs. A 12V would be great too, as I believe the BF-2 is meant to be plugged into a 12V, though it can run on 9V. I have plans to get a few more pedals too, in 9V form. MXR delay to specific.

I should also mention that the CS-3 isn't running into my guitar amp as I use it in my bass amp on it's own separate power supply.

Cheers!
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at May 25, 2013,
Chioks DC10
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
How would this do an 18V?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by darkwolf291
BBE Supa Charger
You can always use a y cable and two 9V outs to make an 18V

This one's more affordable. I didn't even know you could do this with two 9V outputs. Looking at the Cioks website, does the Y cable need to be in series? Their parellel cable seems to double current, not voltage.

And does anyone have any info. about the BF-2 with regards to 12V operation? I only know that the original power adaptor for them, the ACA, was apparently 12V, though it works fine on 9V? This confuses me and I don't know how to measure a pedal's power input needed with my multimeter.
Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+? It has switches so you could use one of the outputs as a 12 volt, and you can get a cable to turn two outputs into an 18 volt.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by darkwolf291
BBE Supa Charger
You can always use a y cable and two 9V outs to make an 18V

in the UK the bbe is basically as expensive as the voodoo labs one. I've never tried either, but while it might make sense to get the BBE in the USA (as it's a fair bit cheaper, far as i'm aware), if they're basically the same price in the UK I'd probably get the industry standard one (the voodoo labs).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah but my point is it's the same price here in the UK as the voodoo labs one, you might as well buy the well-regarded real thing.

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/bbe-supa-charger-516-p.asp

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/voodoo-lab-pedal-power-2-plus-power-supply-1894-p.asp

If the BBE were cheaper I'd probably agree with you. But it's not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus is looking to be my best bet! About the kettle lead out on the back, what would that be used for? I see no mention of it, but it's there in pictures.
^ why would you pay almost as much as a properly-isolated power supply for a glorified daisy chain in a box?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The DC10 has a jumper cable that allows you to cpget an 18v outlet. If you could have googled the PSU, you could have read the description.

Stop being so lazy and expect to be spoon fed everything. What you're asking for doesn't even need a forum post, some simple secondary research would have easily told you that Voodoo Labs and Chioks both produce a product that suits your needs.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
The DC10 has a jumper cable that allows you to cpget an 18v outlet. If you could have googled the PSU, you could have read the description.

Stop being so lazy and expect to be spoon fed everything. What you're asking for doesn't even need a forum post, some simple secondary research would have easily told you that Voodoo Labs and Chioks both produce a product that suits your needs.

I looked at the description om the DC10's website a few times. I didn't see any pictures of this cable and from what I read could not for the life of me figure out how 18V works. After making this thread, I see how it works now.

I'm not trying to be spoon fed. I actually went on some websites of local music shops and found the T-Rex power supplies to be somewhat useful, though they didn't have enough outlets. I didn't know of Voodoo Labs or Cioks until making this thread for advice. I'd simply never heard of them and only found things like the T-Rex and Dunlop DC Brick for power supplies.

In any case, I think I know the power supply I'm going for. Cheers all!
Hmm well... if it still helps you, you should look out to see what cables are provided, that'll usually give you a good idea of voltages the PSU can handle

a total of 16 Flex cables included
one Split Flex and two Stack Flex for both 18 and 24V pedals also included

A Godlyke Powerall is also another option if you don't have to worry about ground loops or if none of your pedals are noisy or poorly wired.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )