Hi,
is bad to always keep cables (guitar, patch, power) inserted in my pedalboard effects and amplifier?

For now I've got:
-Laney VH100R
-Ernie Ball Junior Volume
-Dunlop CryBaby
-Boss NS-2
don't think so (don't quote me on that, though- someone will probably be along in a minute to point out why i'm wrong ). if anything, constantly pulling cables in and out might put extra strain on the sockets. assuming you have them correctly coiled etc. (do as i say, not as i do ).

you don't use batteries in your fx pedals, do you? leaving the cables plugged in will drain the battery if you do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by darkwolf291
I've never heard anything about it being bad.
Everyone I know always keeps everything plugged in

Except the powering, of course.
I've always done it, never had any issues

I do unplug my effects from the main though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Only if you're running from battery power! Keeping cables in the input will drain a pedal's battery the same as it does to active pickups. Using a power supply you'll be fine though.

I must be the only person that turns stuff off at the mains when not using my amp though! Don'y unplug anything, just turn it off.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
^ i do that too, i just turn it off at the mains. Extra level of insurance that I don't accidentally leave my amp turned on.

Granted- that may only be possible in the UK. I know in the republic of ireland (which uses the same 3-prong plugs we do), they don't seem to have switches on the mains sockets. maybe other countries are the same. but if you have them you might as well make use of them, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
True that! I vaguely remember from going abroad in Europe (though I don't remember from my time in Florida) that their sockets didn't have switches. Plus their light switches are damn hamoosive.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at May 25, 2013,
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Tiger17
Also here in Australia - we too have switches on our power sockets.

Our switches are better than your switches.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud

but yeah our sockets have switches.

it almost makes up for our depressingly bad climate.

oh wait, no it doesn't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?