Page 1 of 2
That's not political correctness. That's being stupid.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Utterly pathetic.
Can't say anything vaguely connected to something --ist without someone being up in arms about it!
So people can't even describe certain colours any longer... And just imagine if she (herself presumably of a dark shade) had attempted to describe as a person as being "negro"!
Quote by BladeSlinger

QFT
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I never even understood why people think negro is derogatory, even when it's referring to a black person. I'd rather be called that than African American.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at May 25, 2013,
This is so stupid that I refuse to believe it. The world can't be so pathetic.
El mundo es estúpido.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I never even understood why people think negro is derogatory, even when it's referring to a black person. I'd rather be called that than African American.

The connotations it carries remind people of segregation and racism.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They changed the theme song to the Flintstones repeats on Boomerang because it says "We'll have a gay old time".

Also a ****** is a kind of stick you use to burn stuff with.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662

Also a ****** is a kind of stick you use to burn stuff with.

Yeah, they used to burn gays with them. That's how the word came about. So don't call people that word.
Somebody should make a mirror thread called "And this is why Jostry is stupid." and the OP would contain a link to this thread.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
the word for black is "negro" but you can also refer to a black person as "negro" or "negra".

Also pronounced "neh-groh"
It's not any worse than the 'jigger' or 'niggardly' scandals of years passed. People love to be offended.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Weaponized
the word for black is "negro" but you can also refer to a black person as "negro" or "negra".

Also pronounced "neh-groh"

Yea, if she pronounced it nee-groh then she deserves to be fired for being stupid.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Lol. Here in Colombia, pretty much every group of friends refers to the member with the darkest skin as "El Negro". Nobody is offended because there's nothing to be offended about. People just need to calm down.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Yea, if she pronounced it nee-groh then she deserves to be fired for being stupid.

Why? Surely that's how you pronounce negro...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Why? Surely that's how you pronounce negro...

do u even spanish m8?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I thought in Spanish it was more like nay-grow

But idk I failed Spanish

Pretty sure nay-gro is passable, it's eh like eh-lephant.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by macashmack
Let's find the student and break it's sad little skull.
I'm not serious.

Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theogonia777
Somebody should make a mirror thread called "And this is why Jostry is stupid." and the OP would contain a link to this thread.

dude omg how r u so clevar & orignal????
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by BladeSlinger

same thing
sunbather is shit
My girlfriend is a bilingual teacher for Spanish speaking kids, I'll have to show her this.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I'm pretty sure Oprah is the principle.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
the recoil upon political correctness is due to a reluctance to give up or true denial of racist, sexist, and homophobic ideas which are so engrained in our culture that they appear in our language.

if you think political correctness has gone mad, you're probably a shithole.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Mhm I'm sure this is the first time he's heard "negro" in Spanish coming from the Bronx.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Just proves people lost common sense and self-decision making skills. Everyone is becoming ignorant of what rules mean and how to use them.
Quote by StewieSwan
It's not any worse than the 'jigger' or 'niggardly' scandals of years passed. People love to be offended.

What about jiggaboo?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Political correctness is about making society fairer and ensuring that the sensitivities of all groups and people are considered.

When people say ' It's Political Correctness gone mad!' I think 'STFU you moron.'

As is mostly the case with these sensationalised stories this has very little or anything to do with political correctness and is about the stupidity of a couple of people, not the pursuit of a more equal and thoughtful society.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 26, 2013,
Quote by Eastwinn
the recoil upon political correctness is due to a reluctance to give up or true denial of racist, sexist, and homophobic ideas which are so engrained in our culture that they appear in our language.

if you think political correctness has gone mad, you're probably a shithole.

Disagree. Words have the power that you allow them, and treating 'bad' words as taboos makes it easy to use them to hurt others. Stop assigning power to these words and they lose their ability to be used as weapons. So don't be such a nigger and use non-PC terms with frivolity*.

*By which I mean insert them into contexts where their effect is lessened, rather than as your most powerful insult.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by MAC2322
Disagree. Words have the power that you allow them, and treating 'bad' words as taboos makes it easy to use them to hurt others. Stop assigning power to these words and they lose their ability to be used as weapons. So don't be such a nigger and use non-PC terms with frivolity*.

*By which I mean insert them into contexts where their effect is lessened, rather than as your most powerful insult.

I think this is something that sounds good in a George Carlin routine but doesn't pan out in reality.

For instance, some black people use the n-word a lot, as anything from an expression of shock (OH SHIT NIGGA) to a term of endearment (you're my nigga).

Yet that hasn't made that word's use by actual racists any less noxious.

Also if most of you started "nigger with frivolity" irl and not online you're gonna have a bad time.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Article sounded like bollocks to me. Sounds like one of those stories that circulates after one publication exadurates/outright fabricates something, and atleast one other hairbrained journalist will pick it up and run it aswell. Sometimes these things end up like chinese whispers, it's absurd.

As for so called 'Political Correctness', it's a leftist in-joke that was adopted by the right-wing media as a term to scare the crap out conservatives. Unfortunatly a lot of guilty liberal idiots actually believed the media hype about 'Political Correctness' and actually attempt to implement it, which to real leftists like me is a downright facepalm moment.

Take these stories with a pinch of salt, most of them are outright lies designed simply to infuriate you into buying their crappy paper just to 'see what the PC police are up to this time'.
Political correctness is for retarded faggots.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Page 1 of 2