I'm doing my head in trying to decide on an amp, I'm looking for one that I could gig with and preferably a half stack. I've got about £600 to spend but I could up it by a small margin if I was a little short of the perfect amp.

I'm looking for a Porcupine Tree meets A Perfect Circle style tone and I use a Boss GT-10

I've got a couple of amps I'm considering but if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Peavey Valveking

Laney LV300h

Crate FW120h

Hiwatt Maxwatt G200

The last thing I can think of adding is I'm really not a fan of the Marshall tone.

Thanks in advance!!!
Laney Ironheart.

Combo should be in your budget.

Engl Screamer.

Combo should be well under budget second hand.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at May 25, 2013,
The Ironheart could be a good possibility and I can always add a cab at a later date with it.

I'm guessing you mean the IRT60?
jet city on thomann? don't think it's that marshally, it's smoother and more compressed, but i suppose it's not a million miles away either. you can get the 100 watt depth mod head (and if you don't need that the 50 watter is a fair bit cheaper at ~£250) and the harley benton g212 vintage cab for well under budget.

but i'd pretty much scratch everything in your list, lol, you have one mediocre amp (the valveking) and 3 terrible ones (IMO).

the ironheart is probably worth a look too, but i haven't tried it.

screamer is nice if you can find one s/h.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id recommend the Cornford Roadhouse 50w 2x12 with celestion speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7kbZyRPcg

http://www.andertons.co.uk/combo-amps/pid9094/cid691/cornford-roadhouse-50w-2x12-all-tube-uk-made-guitar-combo.asp

for 699EU I dont think youd find a better combo amp with great speakers in the UK. I dont believe you can get a great amp and a great 4x12 with that budget though. 2x12 is good enough.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Thanks for the input guys. Just listened to the Cornford, it sounded a little too nice for me so I'm still swaying towards the Iron Heart 60w Head with 2x12 cab. I can always switch to a 4x12 if the 2x12 isn't enough. That does mean I'll have to up my budget (The wife will be pleased!)
I'm currently running an Laney IRT60h and Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

Sounds... AWESOME
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Ok another option to throw on the table is the Blackstar HT50 with a 2x12 I still think the Laney IRT60h is my perfered option but they seem to be pretty rare at the moment.
probably worth bearing in mind that the blackstar isn't all-tube, it's hybrid. doesn't matter if you like the sound, but it's worth bearing in mind. those other suggestions are all-tube.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?