As I get older I find myself getting away from the death/speed metal genre. I've started to drift towards "southern metal" in the last couple of years but I'm having a hard time finder newer music. Does anyone have any recommendations on some decent "Southern Metal" bands; something along the lines of Down, Black Label, COC, Big Frank, The Showdown, etc... Thanks
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
Mastodon's an excellent band from Atlanta, albeit with mediocre (in my mind) vocals. They mix a number of metal genres; thrash, sludge, progressive, grindcore; among others.
Sarcófago
Vulcano
Mystifier
old Sepultura
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Any metal bands in Antarctica?

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
EyeHateGod, Soilent Green, Crowbar and Buzzov*en might be your kinda thing if you like a lot of extreme music. One band I cannot recommend enough to anyone though: ACID BATH, seriously, not just OP, anyone reading this, if the name Acid Bath doesn't ring a bell to you get your ass on youtube now.
Last edited by EqualOfHeaven at May 26, 2013,
Quote by rg_metal
Any metal bands in Antarctica?

Blood of pingu
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I was actually joking at first... but seriously? I am going to look into this one

Do you have a link? I don't see anything about them anywhere.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

Last edited by rg_metal at May 26, 2013,
I knew it was too good to be true man

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Cianyx
Blood of pingu

Jesus

Take it to the recommendation thread please! Unless anyone wishes to join me in my quest to pull the genre towards the conventions of southern England rather than the USA. Tories!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.