In the music forum, I found that there are some forum members who like "hardcore".

I created this thread to introduce you to some modern "hardcore" that is probably different than any of the older hardcore you have ever heard before, and in turn you can introduce me to some older hardcore that I have never heard before.

What are your thoughts on the Christian hardcore band The Color Morale?

Yes I am atheist, but I still agree with the positive message of the lyrics.

They live in 'Merica in rural northern Illinois where there's nothing to do just like where I live, and they have chosen to write music instead of drown their sorrows and boredom with booze and weed like the rest of 'merica does.

Here is a Facebook status by the band's vocalist: "One of the most impermissible excuses of alcohol or drug abuse is "there's nothing else to do in the middle of nowhere." I grew up in Winnebago Illinois, in the middle of a cornfield. I never sought out approval from peers, I just did my thing, weather it made me weird or not. Its those weird things that make you unique, and unique is what gets remembered. Not saying i'm perfect by any means, but that excuse just irritates me. Be unique, creative, and beautiful, don't fall in line."

He is a Christian, but he is fed up with organized religion and thinks that living for life now is more important than preparing for an after life that he doesn't know if it exists. So then I guess he is unsure of his faith.

Here is a Facebook status by the band's vocalist: "Dont get so consumed with the idea of life after death that you lose sight of the importance and opportunity in life before death."

Here's the link to his Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/garret.rapp

Well enough talking and now time for more listening, here is a live concert recording:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0gflVvGa2E

Its played in a local game arcade. The audio quality in the video is not that good, but it is accurate to the sound comming out of the monitors. You can't hear the vocalist that will in the video and that's exactly how it sounded live because the sound guy sucked and the venue sucked, but what do you expect from a game arcade as a venue with all of these "hardcore" people invading the game arcade at 2 in the afternoon and bringing in guitar amps and gear. I thought you might like it to show you what a real show is like and not what the record label wants you to think a show is like in the record label's "live music videos". Their Facebook page only had 40,000 likes when they played that show and now it has 131,000 likes.

Well now if you want better audio quality and the same rawness of live performance "breaking all of the rules" of the record label, here is the same song from their latest albumn that released this month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKOA87Ebv8

If you want an older song that was played live in someone's dad's warehouse, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZQWGbknG8

I know it sounds bad. That's what it actually sounded like live. Their Facebook page had only 25,000 likes when they played that show when they were touring with local touring acts and now their Facebook page has 131,000 likes. I was introduced to this band by going to this show that my friend's local band was playing at who also lives in Island Lake, IL since I wanted to support my friend's band and I had nothing else to do other than get drunk and I didn't want to get drunk because there's nothing else to do around here and the first time I ever heard of that band was when I went to that show.

Here same song in studio version with shit ton of auto tune that kills the cleans following the record label's formula to make profits, thank goodness this song has no cleans that the record label can throw auto tune on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0lXIvNGFKU

Here is the latest music video they made that depicts humanity's decency to help wounded enemy soldiers during WWII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSe_Jz0KhbY

I was the 301st viewer of that music video 2 days ago and now it has more views than all of the videos from their last albumn combined.

Here is a lyric video from their new albumn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hm4tIPtRco

They also play an acoustic set after their shows that has not been recorded by their record label: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isvT5yFIAaA

Someone else who lives near me in Illinois who also records concerts whose YouTube channel name is "Relive The Moment" recorded an interview 3 weeks ago of the vocalist and if you watch it you will learn what the new albumn is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Y8om9yclQ

There is also an artist profile from his record label here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SmNz3PLWE

Guess who was in the internet troll screen shot in the artist profile video @5:28? Your's truly
Here's screen shot to prove it:
Not hardcore, no one here likes this band, no one cares
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
I mean come on guys, he's obviously new to this... yes the "interview" threads he did were an abomination to anyone with half a brain... but just jumping on the "not hardcore" train won't help him learn his genres.

I mean it ISN'T hardcore, but isn't there a way can be nicer about it?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I really wish they weren't on that Mis Sigs tour.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
I'm hoping it doesn't mean that Mis Sigs have become a crappy scene band

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
I mean come on guys, he's obviously new to this... yes the "interview" threads he did were an abomination to anyone with half a brain... but just jumping on the "not hardcore" train won't help him learn his genres.

I mean it ISN'T hardcore, but isn't there a way can be nicer about it?

This.

I mean, I love to complain as much as anyone in this forum, but surely we should be aiming to point out peoples errors and convert them to ACTUAL hardcore bands, rather than jumping on the "flame n00bs" bandwagon that is ever so popular.
I didn't watch any of the videos he posted, but I'm pretty baffled as to why he posted poor quality live stuff instead of studio recordings, acknowledged that they were bad quality, and then went on to talk about how many facebook likes the band had at the time each video was shot versus how many likes they have now. Seriously, what the fuck?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I'm more confused as to why he posted about how he was proud about being a scummy troll... but it would explain his other two threads.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I didn't watch any of the videos he posted, but I'm pretty baffled as to why he posted poor quality live stuff instead of studio recordings, acknowledged that they were bad quality, and then went on to talk about how many facebook likes the band had at the time each video was shot versus how many likes they have now. Seriously, what the fuck?

Why did you even read that much of it?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Oh also, Rise is one of the best labels for letting their bands do whatever they want, not sure why this guy is shitting on the label.
Quote by datskramzkid
Oh also, Rise is one of the best labels for letting their bands do whatever they want, not sure why this guy is shitting on the label.

Probably because they have lots of these kinds of generic "metalcore" (not actually metalcore) and "post-hardcore" (not actually post-hardcore) bands on their roster. Though they also have like Poison the Well on there too.
Quote by ManInTheBox14
Probably because they have lots of these kinds of generic "metalcore" (not actually metalcore) and "post-hardcore" (not actually post-hardcore) bands on their roster. Though they also have like Poison the Well on there too.

They don't really have PTW, they just got the rights to rerelease those two albums.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by ManInTheBox14

Rise has plenty of good bands on their label. Like any really large indie, they have their share of good and not so good bands.
Quote by datskramzkid
Rise has plenty of good bands on their label. Like any really large indie, they have their share of good and not so good bands.

Eh, that's probably true. The bands on their roster that I've heard are largely in that mainstream "metalcore" genre though (Memphis May Fire, Miss May I, Like Moths to Flames, Dance Gavin Dance, Of Mice and Men, The Plot in You, Abandon All Ships, etc.). I'll have to check out some of their lesser-known signees.
Quote by ManInTheBox14
Eh, that's probably true. The bands on their roster that I've heard are largely in that mainstream "metalcore" genre though (Memphis May Fire, Miss May I, Like Moths to Flames, Dance Gavin Dance, Of Mice and Men, The Plot in You, Abandon All Ships, etc.). I'll have to check out some of their lesser-known signees.

Not even their lesser known bands. Older bands like Piebald, 7 Seconds, The Bled, Face To Face, Hot Water Music all have good songs. Then I mean Transit, aside from their last album is decent. The Jealous Sound is also pretty good. Also Dave Hause is a really good songwriter. Definitely not the *best* label, but hardly deserving of their rap.
Quote by datskramzkid
Not even their lesser known bands. Older bands like Piebald, 7 Seconds, The Bled, Face To Face, Hot Water Music all have good songs. Then I mean Transit, aside from their last album is decent. The Jealous Sound is also pretty good. Also Dave Hause is a really good songwriter. Definitely not the *best* label, but hardly deserving of their rap.

Was just gonna suggest these guys tbh
Tbf, generi-core isn't bad
I quite like it
But thats all it is...generic

Also I somewhat doubt you were exactly the 301st viewer on that video
Last edited by Highelf04 at Jun 10, 2013,
christian--> jesus was born and died to save our eternal souls --> not preparing for afterlife because he doesn't know if it exists

seriously I don't even have to listen to this band to know I don't like it. That guy sounds like a total butthead.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Why did you bump it then? Leave it dead. I know you're new here, so I'm just gonna say, bands like this, just leave em alone on here. Pretty much all of the regs hate them.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
I know you're new here, so I'm just gonna say, bands like this, just leave em alone on here. Pretty much all of the regs hate them.

I can tell that all the "regs" hate them.

Well I don't think they are generic and I like them for not being generic and I automatically don't like almost any band singed to Rise except this band.

Well maybee you can help me and link me to some better hardcore than the generic shit that Rise shits out that they call "hardcore".
Last edited by dietermoreno at Jul 1, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
I'm hoping it doesn't mean that Mis Sigs have become a crappy scene band

Wait weren't they always? I'm so confused.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by dietermoreno
I can tell that all the "regs" hate them.

Well I don't think they are generic and I like them for not being generic and I automatically don't like almost any band singed to Rise except this band.

Well maybee you can help me and link me to some better hardcore than the generic shit that Rise shits out that they call "hardcore".

I'm afraid it doesn't really stop them being generic, there are lots of bands like them out there. But if you like them you like them and nothing anyone of a forum can say should change that. I mean I like Emmure, I know they're bad and not really hardcore, but I love them anyway.

As for linking you to hardcore... it really depends on what kind of hardcore. There are lots of different kinds. From softer stuff to really ballzhevy stuff, maybe check out the recommendation thread and listen to a band from each category. Rise's signing strategy for the last few years "sign what's popular" which is why they signed lots of scenecore bands in the past and are now signing lots of really bad hardcore bands.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by lookpizza
Blake where your post go?

I didn't think he was going to listen to any of them and I felt like I was just being annoying. :\
Literally listen to every single band who has a thread on the from page of this board. You'll get a better taste.