Hi there everyone. I have a guitar that has fret buzz on frets 8 and higher on the low e string on my guitar with 22 frets. I used the credit card/business card method holding down on the first and 22nd fret and things were fine at the 8th fret but the strings went up a little on the 12th. I did that method again but held down at the 12th fret instead and checked with the credit card and the strings went up. I just want to confirm with this going on would I turn the truss rod counter clock wise? I don’t see the string touching any of the frets when it vibrates from me picking it and besides for the buzz everything else on the guitar is how it should be.

Thank you for your time.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Yes, turning the truss rod adjuster counter clockwise, (loosen) will put "relief in the neck". Which is the term for ADDING clearance under the strings in the middle of the neck.

Just only loosen it a 1/4 turn maybe, then let it settle for a couple of says.

Most modern guitars have,"double action rods", which bend the neck both ways. But, it never hurts to be cautious and give the adjustment time to catch up.

Older "single action" truss would only take relief out of the neck, (make it straighter), and if you wanted to put the slight relief in, you had to wait for the strings to pull it back into position.... big PITA!

Only a quarter tun, then wait a couple days, OK?

Quote by Captaincranky
Yes, turning the truss rod adjuster counter clockwise, (loosen) will put "relief in the neck". Which is the term for ADDING clearance under the strings in the middle of the neck.

Just only loosen it a 1/4 turn maybe, then let it settle for a couple of says.

Most modern guitars have,"double action rods", which bend the neck both ways. But, it never hurts to be cautious and give the adjustment time to catch up.

Older "single action" truss would only take relief out of the neck, (make it straighter), and if you wanted to put the slight relief in, you had to wait for the strings to pull it back into position.... big PITA!

Only a quarter tun, then wait a couple days, OK?

Thank you for the advice. I just wanted to make sure that I was doing things correctly.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race