Quote by MozartZaila
8 views not one bit of advice?

nope

but seriously not everyone who goes on here is going to comment iwth advice or praise or critizise it maybe thye had nothignt o say about it after listening maybe thye just ont care enough anyway
about the music i quite enjoyed it despite the limitations of the format you wrote it in
may i suggest adding some bass to it to round it out (all i saw was two guitars and the percussion)
Guitar work is pretty good tbh, I mean it doesn't go anywhere and I wouldn't call this a finished song persay, but they sound nice. You need to work out some structure, add some variation... it kinda all sounds the same.

And the drums... man... they just kind sound like you mashed the keypad. My biggest criticism is definitely the drums. They sounded like there were part of a completely different song.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To work on the drums I'd say you'd be best getting used to the drumming interface, or the mere concept of how to start them.

Pick a couple songs and find the Guitar Pro tab of them on this site, then go in and start editing the drums. Try to fix the drums up to make them more appealing to you. Doing this a few times really helps, and I know I'm not writing any Richard Christy drums, but I have learned quite a bit from practicing on actual songs. At least I can pride myself in saying I can write proficient drums for my songs.

Just work at it and you'll get the hang of it.

I know I just gave you advice, I didn't have much to say about the actual song, so I feel like any other input isn't necessary. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. But I couldn't really tell because the drums were taking away from the song.

Because I have no comments yet...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603125

C4C?
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at May 26, 2013,
Hey I thought this was really good and that was before I even read that this was your first song. I wouldn't change anything but play that first part a lot longer, as long as you can make lyrics fit, and finish the drums.

I'm not sure if you are into emo music or anything, but I imagined this being like an emo song in the style of a band like Owls or something.

That first part being played continuously and until the end where you switch to that second part. It's definitely a similar feel. This is kind of what it reminds me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASkqvc0WQU
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER