So I bought a Marshall DSL 401 a while back and haven't been completely satisfied. I like to play mellower stuff as well as harder stuff, but not metal. Aside from Marshall having that connotation, it does sorta have a more metal edge to the sound. I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem but yeah, didn't get the cleans I was looking for. Just disappointment whenever I try rolling back the volume knob on the overdrive channel. And the clean channel is just dead. Plus, never felt comfortable with only 40 watts and one speaker. But here's the info:

Budget is at about $500.

Guitarists I'm really into are Daniel Rossen, Graham Coxon, Mike Vennart, and David Gilmour.

I'm going used.

Jamming at home too but mostly looking for use for gigs.

Stockton, CA.

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster with Seymour Duncans.

Any help would be appreciated, guys. Thanksssssss.
Look for a Krank Chadwick 2x12 combo.
They run $500-$650 on www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear there is one on there. The clean channel is very nice and the drive channel is not as modern sounding as the DSL. It is more like a hotrod JCM800. It can do metal, but really needs a boost to get there.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look for a Krank Chadwick 2x12 combo.
They run $500-$650 on www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear there is one on there. The clean channel is very nice and the drive channel is not as modern sounding as the DSL. It is more like a hotrod JCM800. It can do metal, but really needs a boost to get there.

Krank? Really? If anything has more of a "metal" connotation than Marshall, it's Krank lol.
Quote by OnlyTwin
Krank? Really? If anything has more of a "metal" connotation than Marshall, it's Krank lol.

The Chadwick is a really good amp. There were several country bands that used the chadwick.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate