That was kinda hard to listen to.

Not cause you sucked or anything. Quite the opposite you can play very well

But you chose the wrong tone for the song.
It's a soft song, and you're using a really hard tone. It sounds at odds with the pretty piano track in the background.
Quote by djmarcelca
That was kinda hard to listen to.

Not cause you sucked or anything. Quite the opposite you can play very well

But you chose the wrong tone for the song.
It's a soft song, and you're using a really hard tone. It sounds at odds with the pretty piano track in the background.

Thanks for the input man! I was actually not sure on the tone, but went through after I had a couple of people listen to it. However, that's why I post these videos here, to have actual guitar players listen and give me some critiques. Do you have a cover you want me to listen to, since I said C4C?
If I had a penny for every time somebody said "Tigers are the couches of the ocean," I'd have zero cents.
Last edited by LesPaulGuy514 at May 26, 2013,
Having never heard the original I can say that the tone isnt bad, its just a matter of your personal take on the track in my opinion. I think it sounded pretty good, but I feel if you worked on your vibrato a little bit your guitar playing is gona sound a LOT more expressive because your technique and timing is all there. A very more slides here and there can add a lot more feel too. Pretty cool though dude, keep up the good work.

C4C? - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31499317#post31499317