Hey there
I have an ibanez rgt-42 equiped with an edge pro II system
People say pro II is not so god but I have no problems with it
the only thing is that since i got my guitar re-set and the bridge paralel to the body again I can't shift the pitch as much as before
Some months ago the 3rd string was able to shift 7 semitones with the arm fully raised.that means if i play G string 9th fret and fully raised the arm it sounded like 16th fret
But now it only shifts the pitch >4 semitones
How can i make it shift more?
And how many semitones can your arm shift?
The last question is f***ed up but i think you will understand it
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by floyd1996 at May 26, 2013,
It's semitone, not hemitone.
I have Edge III on my Ibanez, I can pull it up as much as I want until I break a string.
Quote by JackovSlayer

I have Edge III on my Ibanez, I can pull it up as much as I want until I break a string.

doesnt the metal block hit the wood under the springs?
Thats my problem and i dont know how to fix it
Quote by floyd1996
Thats my problem and i dont know how to fix it

Take it to a tech and have him rout some wood out of the way. At some point you'd run out of ability to shift the pitch even if there WERE no wood under there. Tilt your Floyd forward too far and you have tuning problems, and you diminish your ability to dive bomb. Thus -- tradeoff.
Quote by floyd1996

No, there's plenty of space between block and the wood.
Quote by dspellman
Take it to a tech and have him rout some wood out of the way. At some point you'd run out of ability to shift the pitch even if there WERE no wood under there. Tilt your Floyd forward too far and you have tuning problems, and you diminish your ability to dive bomb. Thus -- tradeoff.

yeah removing part if the wood is a good solution but maybe not needed.
as i mentioned at the beggining i could shift up to seven steps.
There must be a way to restore this ability
Maybe by messing with the bridge height?
Quote by JackovSlayer
No, there's plenty of space between block and the wood.

is there any way to move the bridge backwards ?
Quote by floyd1996
is there any way to move the bridge backwards ?

I can move the bridge anyway I want, I can press tremolo down until all strings are totally loose and I can pull it up until a string breaks. There's plenty of space for metal block to move.
Quote by JackovSlayer
I can move the bridge anyway I want, I can press tremolo down until all strings are totally loose and I can pull it up until a string breaks. There's plenty of space for metal block to move.

no when I say backwards mean to increase the distance between the bridge and the bridge pickup ,thus giving more space when pulling the arm
Quote by floyd1996
no when I say backwards mean to increase the distance between the bridge and the bridge pickup ,thus giving more space when pulling the arm

As far as I know, there's no way to do it. But I could be wrong.
I would check if the bridge is set up properly.
You can relieve the area in the body cavity or shim the neck to change the angle to allow the trem to be raised up slightly acheiving the same result.
Is your bridge actually level?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Is your bridge actually level?

+1 Sounds like the bridge is depressed way down.

Post a pic.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Seriously, something is wrong and routing shouldn't be an option. Either it works right or it doesn't. Posting pictures is the only way this is going to get sorted out.
Why the hell would you want to go higher than 4 semitones? I can't imagine doing that even on a guitar strung with 8's in D standard or something ridiculously floppy like that. I don't play heavy strings but that's just way too much raising needed.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.