I've been building a library of drum samples for a while now, so far I have just under 2GB of samples (all freely available).
What I haven't been able to find are some full sounding snare samples, most of the ones I have are all crack with no body. So far I have:
The AKA809 pack from SignalToNoize
The Big Mono kit from Analogue Drums
Erkan's Organized Sample Pack from the Ultimate Metal Andy Sneap Forum
The Jazz Funk Kit from Orange Tree Samples
The MusicRadar Drum Sample pack
The NSA Custom Series Drumkit from Nekro
The Slingerland Kit from Indie Drums
The Snappy Snares pack from Boy In A Band

So does anyone have any other good samples? especially snares with some body to them.
Have you tried processing the samples you already have? A lot of the body will come through once you put a preamp-style plugin and/or compressor on the snare track. Do you have any channel strip plugins? That will beef up the samples nicely.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I don't think I have any specific channel strip plugins, unless there's one in the Antress Modern pack that I don't know about (I still haven't worked out what they all are). I might give it a shot on the Big Mono ones, lots of the others (Especially the sneap ones from Erkan's pack) are fairly pre-processed to be really 'crack'y so all that happens when I compress them is a get a very squashed sounding crack rather than a good crack.
Tons of awesome, free, snares over on the Andy Sneap forum.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Erkan's Organized Samples from the Sneap Forum has a whole shit ton of awesome Snares and kicks. Haven't tried the toms but that's because I've been too lazy to make the gogs for them.

In particular one of my favorite snares from that back is the Behindert Snare. So much crack with that one, great for adding to a very boomy snare (ex. the Tempesta snare from EZX Metal Machine) for more attack.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Tons of awesome, free, snares over on the Andy Sneap forum.

Most of those are in Erkan's pack (he compiled all the samples available at the time into 1 file so they were more accessible).
Quote by oneblackened
In particular one of my favorite snares from that back is the Behindert Snare. So much crack with that one, great for adding to a very boomy snare (ex. the Tempesta snare from EZX Metal Machine) for more attack.

Which is my problem, don't have any snares with any boom or body to them (or none I've found), they're all full of crack.
Shame I can't give you some of my Steven Slate Drum samples. Some really good ones.

"Black Snare" has an enormous body to it that you'd want, too.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by chatterbox272
Most of those are in Erkan's pack (he compiled all the samples available at the time into 1 file so they were more accessible).

None of the ones I use are in his pack.

The samples in there are alright, but there's been some REALLY awesome ones the past few months that aren't in his pack.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

The samples in there are alright, but there's been some REALLY awesome ones the past few months that aren't in his pack.

That so?

Cool!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Care to share them please? Because I've been looking for a decent snare sound as well. The samples I've found so far displease me so much that I can't even stomach setting up a snare track.
Why not, you know, add some low mids? That's where the boom comes from.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Damn, good idea. I'll try that.

Don't you do a lot of mixing? I would have thought that eq would be the second thing to try after compression.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by toddkreuz
Cant imagine needing more than Superior Drummer with Custom and Vintage addon, along
with Steven Slate Drums.

All you need is there...

You did read the OP right? notice how I haven't spent a cent on samples? There's a reason for that. And I know that SD and SSD had some good stuff, I used to have it all. But such is the way of going legal, you have to work a little harder and look a little further. So now I'm on the lookout for a good full-bodied snare sample that can mix with some of my other samples to get the snare sound I want/need, preferably free (although with semester break and extra work coming up I could do cheap).

Also I'd love to get some names or links Matrix, if there's some good ones there I'd love to download them before semester break hits and I have to download them on my own bandwidth
Hey guys, I know this thread hasn't been active in almost a year, but a long time ago I downloaded that Erkan Drum Sample pack and I loved it. However I've had problems with my computer since then and I've now lost all the samples (unfortunately I can't re-download them as all the links are dead). I was wondering if anybody who still has it would be willing to share it? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Quote by Talmanonn
Hey guys, I know this thread hasn't been active in almost a year, but a long time ago I downloaded that Erkan Drum Sample pack and I loved it. However I've had problems with my computer since then and I've now lost all the samples (unfortunately I can't re-download them as all the links are dead). I was wondering if anybody who still has it would be willing to share it? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I still have Erkan's, but currently lack the bandwidth to re-upload it. I'll be at university sometime next week (tuesday-wednesday-ish) and will try to re-upload it on their bandwidth once I'm there and post a link.
Quote by chatterbox272
I still have Erkan's, but currently lack the bandwidth to re-upload it. I'll be at university sometime next week (tuesday-wednesday-ish) and will try to re-upload it on their bandwidth once I'm there and post a link.

That would be brilliant, thank you very much! I'll keep this page bookmarked and check back on Tuesday/Wednesday. Thanks again!