Most likely a dumb a question but nevertheless:

Is it possible to write a 1/6 note (specifically using guitar pro) when limited to expressing it in 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and 1/64 notes

My math doesn't seem to be helping
If I understood the question then six triplet quarter notes fit in 4/4. So I guess triplet quarter note is enough.
Last edited by Aukustus at May 27, 2013,
I think you mean changing the time signature to 3/4 or 6/8.

If you after the 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, feel thats almost 'Waltzy' thats 3/4
If you are after Turisas Battle Metal style that is 6/8

Or the above comment.. It's hard to know what you want without it in context.
You can just take a 1/8 note and put a dot next to it, which will increase its length by half its current value, making it, in theory, a 1/6 note, I guess.
Quote by MrBillion
You can just take a 1/8 note and put a dot next to it, which will increase its length by half its current value, making it, in theory, a 1/6 note, I guess.

A dotted 1/8 has the value of 3/16. You can't fit 6 of them into a 4/4 measure. (1/6 would have the value of 3/18 in comparison, it lasts shorter)

You need to use triplet on quarter notes. Look for it in the software, will be marked by 3, 3:2 inside some brackets or similar.

If you're writing a whole song and end up with stuff like this, you got the wrong time signature.
1/6th note is just a quick was of saying quarter note triplets. Or Quaver triplets if you wanna be really fancy. There's a little grouping button with a 3 on it, you need to make some quarter notes and have that grouping icon on them to indicate triplets.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
1/6th note is just a quick was of saying quarter note triplets. Or Quaver triplets if you wanna be really fancy. There's a little grouping button with a 3 on it, you need to make some quarter notes and have that grouping icon on them to indicate triplets.

Is there a fancy name for the 13 note grouping in Guitar Pro? I've used that a couple of times while writing and it always confuses people, would love to confuse them even more.
Last edited by xHellbound at Jul 10, 2013,
Quote by xHellbound
Is there a fancy name for the 13 note grouping in Guitar Pro? I've used that a couple of times while writing and it always confuses people, would love to confused them even more.

Isn't it just a thirteen-tuplet? Or maybe something along the lines of tridectuplet or the like. Figured that from a thirteen-sided shape being a Tridecagon, so if you're looking to confuse people, there are the tools to do so (you asshole)
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.