I recently got a Fender Super Reverb Reissue, and only last night played a little bit with the vibrato (tremolo) controls. I hadn't touched them before because I figured they were just a gimmick.

I was surprised to hear that, at lower settings, the controls actually made the notes sound bigger or fuller. Were my ears just tired, or does vibrato (tremolo) have that effect? Maybe I was thinking whammy bar when I saw that foot pedal when the amp arrived.

Now I'm curious as to what songs out there (classics I would know) employ the effect.

Any suggestions on songs to check out, or use of the effect?

Thanks for any replies.
One of my most favorite songs

"Rumble" - Link Wray

Also:

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" - Beatles

"Born on the Bayou" - Creedence

"Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen

"Mona" - Bo Diddley

And a ton more. If you've ever seen a guitarist hit a note and kind of rock his hand back and forth thats also vibrato. Though I think you mean more of the amp/pedal variety.
Last edited by Danitarium at May 30, 2013,
And a ton more. If you've ever seen a guitarist hit a note and kind of rock his hand back and forth thats also vibrato. Though I think you mean more of the amp/pedal variety.

Yes, I mean the amp variety. I do vibrato with my hand/wrist. An almost imperceptible amount of vibrato seems to make the notes and chords sound bigger. I know the songs you mentioned, but don't remember vibrato in them. I'll have to give a listen.
Vibrato on a fender amp is, as you've already spotted, an incorrectly labelled tremolo effect - and tremolo is a fluctuation in volume which is probably why notes are sounding "fuller".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Vibrato on a fender amp is, as you've already spotted, an incorrectly labelled tremolo effect - and tremolo is a fluctuation in volume which is probably why notes are sounding "fuller".

thats funny how fender got it backwards on that amp(or amps perhaps)...I have a Vibrato switch on my JC-120 and its a definite difference lol Although I think I find Tremolo on amps more useful than a Vibrato.

+1 to the Nancy Sinatra tune!