hi guys,
simple question for anybody in the know; orange rockerverb for metal (iron maiden to slipknot)
opinions not suggestions please, i'm asking what you think of the amp, not for a better one.
I have a TS9, a carbon copy, noise gate and a 10 band graphic EQ, and it would go with an orange 412. I have a (my precious...)les paul classic custom and an ESP with EMG 81's
Thoughts?
Iron Maiden currently use Marshall JCM2000s as their most standard tone, which are very close to the Rockerverb in tone and gain structure, Jim Root uses the Rockerverb and has a signature 15w amp based off the Rockerverb; why would you think using a Rockerverb for metal was in any way unusual or troublesome?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Jim Root does it, so I don't see why not
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Does Mastadon use Orange heads? I feel like I've seen them in a couple ads with them but I may be wrong.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I don't find a JCM2000 similar to a Rockerverb at all TBH, but Rockerverbs can sound great for metal.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Another thread TS? Come on your demoing the amps so go for it and try.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ Depends how you set 'em. Leave the DSL's mid shift switch off and the deep switch on and it's damn nigh-on the same tone as a Rockerverb. 'Course most people run them with the mid shift on and the deep off so you never really hear them at their full breadth.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
^ Depends how you set 'em. Leave the DSL's mid shift switch off and the deep switch on and it's damn nigh-on the same tone as a Rockerverb. 'Course most people run them with the mid shift on and the deep off so you never really hear them at their full breadth.

+1
The mid shift sux on the DSL I don't use it. But the Deep switch is really nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate