Page 1 of 3
Ok, I saw that the local ice cream van was outside on my street and I was jonesing for some soft ice cream.

I get my foreign ass out there and ask for a soft ice cream vanilla on a cone. The kind you get at Dairy Queen.

The girl, very cute might I add, understands this. She gets the cone, fills it up with ice cream...

...and then she tries to wrap it. She tries to wrap it. In paper.

It's a fukin cone. I'm on my street. I can carry it to my house. Cuz it's a cone. And it fits in my hand.

Why? I don't get it.

1. It's a cone, it fits in my hand.
2. It's my street, I live just 3 houses down. But if I didn't, it's ok, see above.
3. Who the hell wraps ice cream (with a cone), and then eats it off the wrapping paper?

This has happened twice already. Every single time it has blown my mind. First time it happened I thought the guy was high or something, but this chick did it as well.

wut

I can understand fish and chips, I can understand brown sauce, I can accept heavy breakfasts. But what is this shit?
Who the **** says 'ice cream on a cone'?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
This happens in America (in American Dairy Queens I might add).

So what we can conclude here is that English speaking people are awful at food because they wrap their cones in paper.
Funny, the one ice cream place [gelato, technically] I went to while over there had a very cute girl serving too. Boy, that gelato was great.
I don't think you can assert that ice cream vans fairly make up 'British food culture'.

Also, my ice cream ('99' but they're now like 1.79) has never been wrapped.
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
I don't think you can assert that ice cream vans fairly make up 'British food culture'.

Also, my ice cream ('99' but they're now like 1.79) has never been wrapped.

Probably because you don't say 'I'd like an ice cream on a cone please'. Serially, if someone said that to me damn right I'd wrap their ice cream, I don't think I'd trust the spastic to know which end to eat if the other one wasn't covered in paper.
it is hilarious how every thread this canadian posts is progressively worse than the last one he posted
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Todd Hart
Probably because you don't say 'I'd like an ice cream on a cone please'. Serially, if someone said that to me damn right I'd wrap their ice cream, I don't think I'd trust the spastic to know which end to eat if the other one wasn't covered in paper.

Ooh ooh, now that is a question for TS
signature
That's what you get for being in Britannia.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by TunerAddict
it is hilarious how every thread this canadian posts is progressively worse than the last one he posted

This is the last straw; I give up on Canadian people.
This has never happened to me in my whole 20 years of living in England. Is this a Scottish thing or something? Or just one crazy ice cream lady? (never had a lady here either, just a man who pretends to be Italian and calls himself Paco).
Quote by Bullet-Rule

This, but on the subject of British Food in general
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
My question is what is British food? And why don't people like it?

Fish and chips, tea, and curry.

Unless you're a British student, in which case it's pasta and Carlsberg.
Quote by tukk04
I got a banana shake from a cute girl at the ice cream stand yesterday.
(no pun intended)

Was she a tranny?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I've never gotten ice cream served from a cute girl :/

When I was a kid all the ice cream truck drivers were stereotypical creepy men drivers in their mid 30s who spelled weird.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
My question is what is British food? And why don't people like it?

Gross and because it is gross.

For a more detailed explanation, British food is just regular food from other places but poorly made, the same way that American food is just regular food from other places (pizza, hamburgers, tacos, steak, etc) but made better.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

For a more detailed explanation, British food is just regular food from other places but poorly made, the same way that American food is just regular food from other places (pizza, hamburgers, tacos, steak, etc) but made better.

'Murica: 1
England: naught

(now to sit back and watch the shitstorm)
See, everyone has a different or kinda narrow minded (for lack of a better word, I don't actually think any of you are narrow minded) on what British food is. Sure Fish n Chips comes up but that's English fast food not what you'd be served at a restaurant.

Quote by theogonia777

Well at the end of the day at least we know how to make cheese.
Quote by tukk04
'Murica: 1
England: naught

(now to sit back and watch the shitstorm)

I was going to say it probably won't happen but then I saw that Trowzaa is online. >_>

@slayer: Pretty much everyone has a narrow-minded (as you said, for lack of a better word) on every type of food. I do not think of American food as being primarily burgers and steaks (which is pretty much just American fast food, occasionally eaten at home and only occasionally found in real restaurants, not counting stupid chains)
Quote by slipknot5678

@slayer: Pretty much everyone has a narrow-minded (as you said, for lack of a better word) on every type of food. I do not think of American food as being primarily burgers and steaks (which is pretty much just American fast food, occasionally eaten at home and only occasionally found in real restaurants, not counting stupid chains)

Yeah which is what I thought, when some one talks about food from the southern states I don't think of burgers and steak.
Quote by theogonia777

American food isn't better. Flavour, complexity and wit is replaced with mindlessly sating very base desires by making the food more & more unhealthy. If by "better" you mean better at knocking years off your life sure.
Quote by Todd Hart

There's this thing, really cool btw (no pun intended), called ice cream in a cup.

See, you can hold the cup with one hand and use a spoon in the other hand. It's like magic shit.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
See, everyone has a different or kinda narrow minded (for lack of a better word, I don't actually think any of you are narrow minded) on what British food is. Sure Fish n Chips comes up but that's English fast food not what you'd be served at a restaurant.

Well at the end of the day at least we know how to make cheese.

anyone that knows anything about food realizes that *90% of fast food anywhere is just cheap shit

*(this statistic brought to you by Outmyass Industries™, When you need statistics and you need 'em fast, call 1-800-OUTMYASS.©
its called hygiene you dirty **** so you dont get all your ball sweat on the cone your about to eat
Quote by Thrashtastic15
American food isn't better. Flavour, complexity and wit is replaced with mindlessly sating very base desires by making the food more & more unhealthy. If by "better" you mean better at knocking years off your life sure.

Let me apologize on behalf of all Americans for not putting real maple syrup (which isn't any better than "fake" syrup and costs twice as much) on top of everything.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Let me apologize on behalf of all Americans for not putting real maple syrup (which isn't any better than "fake" syrup and costs twice as much) on top of everything.

Confirmed for a complete lack of tastebuds. The differences between actual maple syrup can be staggering, let alone the differences between corn syrup unnatural trash and an actual quality ingredient.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Confirmed for a complete lack of tastebuds. The differences between actual maple syrup can be staggering, let alone the differences between corn syrup unnatural trash and an actual quality ingredient.

They both taste awful anyway.
If there's any condiment we do better, it's mustard. That weak american yellow paste has nothing on coleman's.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

I hate to agree with Thrash when it comes to anything, but he is actually right. Fake syrup is shit.
Page 1 of 3