Hi there - love the SS 2s for versatility (particularly FAT voicing switch, FX loop and burn channel)...just not so fond of the reliability. Lately, been playing through a AC15VR, which is pretty decent, but tin-y compared to the supersonic.

Before I buy another Supersonic, curious on alternatives. Looking for super rich clean channel, and overdrive option. From the forum and videos, Bugera 15W seems a good cheaper option. A friend suggested Allen amps...sounded pretty good, but seem less versatile.

Budget flexible up to $1.5k. Combos preferable (no rackmounts).

Search basshopper on instagram for current pedal board.
If reliability is an issue, Bugera probably isn't the next step you want to take. What happened to your Supersonic?

(Also, just a small note, if you're asking for help/input, don't make people search for things, take the few seconds and provide a link.)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
From what i understand the only bad Bugera's are their "Metal" amps. I'm pretty sure that their other amps don't have the same issues, but don't quote me on that. I've played the V55 head and the V5 combo and they are very underrated amps IMO.
What kind of bands or styles do you want the amp to do? Maybe try an Egnater Renegade combo or a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special. The Egnater is will within budget and it has great clean and overdrive options. The Mesa Boogie has great cleans and overdrive, but it's different than the Egnater (less crunchy and more creamy).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by souperman08
If reliability is an issue, Bugera probably isn't the next step you want to take. What happened to your Supersonic?

(Also, just a small note, if you're asking for help/input, don't make people search for things, take the few seconds and provide a link.)

Thanks.

The supersonic stopped working...I had an engineer take it apart...he didnt find anything noticeable, checked the tubes, which were fine... so he cleaned them, put it back together and it started working again...attributed it to oxidation...but it's still not 100%. The power in the FX loop has decreased, and the burn channel's tone seems more fuzzy / less defined now. I've read that others have had some issues with this amp, something like 1, maybe 2 out of 10.

Regarding the link, thanks for the feedback. Here it is. http://instagram.com/basshopper
Well, my experience (and correct me if I'm wrong) with the Super Sonic is that it has a nice Fender clean channel, and then a good gain/distortion channel that can get almost into metal territory. For that style, and for your budget, I would say look into a used Mesa. A Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 could be a great choice.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by sg4ever
What kind of bands or styles do you want the amp to do? Maybe try an Egnater Renegade combo or a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special. The Egnater is will within budget and it has great clean and overdrive options. The Mesa Boogie has great cleans and overdrive, but it's different than the Egnater (less crunchy and more creamy).

Music spans a broad range:
- Hillsong-type Christian rock, so lots of U2 arpeggiated delays with varying levels of overdrive, big power chords
- Pseudo country-bridge-pick-up type playing for coloring some of the more mellow hymns
- Big clean slightly chorus-y sustain / #11 type chords for instrumental fusion jazz

Creamy is good. the Mesa Boogie was not on my radar screen, so thanks for that. Both guitarist from Jamiroquai and David Grohl use it, so that's pretty varied :-)
The TransAtlantic 15 head's going for $900 on sweetwater... you'd have enough money for a nice cab to go with it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by basshopper123
Music spans a broad range:
- Hillsong-type Christian rock, so lots of U2 arpeggiated delays with varying levels of overdrive, big power chords
- Pseudo country-bridge-pick-up type playing for coloring some of the more mellow hymns
- Big clean slightly chorus-y sustain / #11 type chords for instrumental fusion jazz

Creamy is good. the Mesa Boogie was not on my radar screen, so thanks for that. Both guitarist from Jamiroquai and David Grohl use it, so that's pretty varied :-)

I play everything you do and the Mesa did great for me. As always, try before you buy (along something to keep in mind, if you use an effects loop the mesa's is parallel, not series, so that might be a consideration.
Quote by souperman08
I play everything you do and the Mesa did great for me. As always, try before you buy (along something to keep in mind, if you use an effects loop the mesa's is parallel, not series, so that might be a consideration.

Thanks for the clarification...Looks like it's buffered too.
Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne combo is something else worth a look. The cleans can take pedals very well and sounds great for jazzy stuff or twangier bridge pickup tones, and the overdrive channel is great and has a lot of shades of gain from bluesy to full rock crunch. Also keep in mind that one of the players in Hillsong United has used a Mesa Boogie Nomad in stereo with his vintage Twin (although their quintessential sound is a Vox or similar amp with a tubescreamer and a Boss DD-5).

Perhaps also check out the Budda Superdrive 18. It's pretty portable, has pretty sweet cleans (although the 18 watt model might breakup at early volumes), and the overdrive channel has a nice range of gain and structure (smoother sounds or higher gain rock).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at May 28, 2013,
^ i thought the cleans on the budda sd 18 sucked ass, ymmv and all that.

you probably have a 5 year warranty from fender unless you bought it used.

fender should fix it, not you.

a peavey classic 30 would probably suit the bill pretty well, or maybe a traynor ycv40. those options are less than half your budget tho honestly.

Quote by ragingkitty
The TransAtlantic 15 head's going for $900 on sweetwater... you'd have enough money for a nice cab to go with it.

or try to find a used TA30 combo used? good idea on the TA15.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 28, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
^ i thought the cleans on the budda sd 18 sucked ass, ymmv and all that.

you probably have a 5 year warranty from fender unless you bought it used.

fender should fix it, not you.

a peavey classic 30 would probably suit the bill pretty well, or maybe a traynor ycv40. those options are less than half your budget tho honestly.

or try to find a used TA30 combo used? good idea on the TA15.

Thanks - will check those out...there is a ridiculous 12-week wait or an equally ridiculous expediting fee at the place that handles Fender warranties here in San Diego. Fortunately I have a friend who builds tube amps so he looked at it and couldn't find anything immediately obvious. Could go that route, just toying with getting something different.
Quote by basshopper123
Thanks - will check those out...there is a ridiculous 12-week wait or an equally ridiculous expediting fee at the place that handles Fender warranties here in San Diego. Fortunately I have a friend who builds tube amps so he looked at it and couldn't find anything immediately obvious. Could go that route, just toying with getting something different.

there are probably other places close enough though right? i'd expect socal to be littered with auth fender repair shops. maybe that's just not how it is though.

yeah the traynor and peavey would probably both work.

san diego huh?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/3824791617.html
mesa lonestar combo, could be silly nice.
Quote by gregs1020
there are probably other places close enough though right? i'd expect socal to be littered with auth fender repair shops. maybe that's just not how it is though.

yeah the traynor and peavey would probably both work.

san diego huh?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/3824791617.html
mesa lonestar combo, could be silly nice.

Yes - i called a few places, and they kept referring me back to the same shop. Thanks for the link! I am going to check it out this week-end. :-)