Hi,

I am a log time guitar guy but never bought a Bass in my life. My 14 year old Daughter wants to learn how to play. So knowing kids I started looking used, and found the one in the picture. The place that is selling it says that it is an Ibanez but the headstock is not typical for Ibanez, and if you have any idea of the possible value or price I should offer that would be great.

The picture I have is the only one I have. The guy says there are no model numbers on the guitar.

Judging by what I can tell it seem like a decient Bass.

• The Bridge pieces seem to be the same type on Ibanez higher end pieces.
  • The color is unique. generally the low end basses are black, white, or other solid color and possibly natural.
  • The wood. This looks like flame or quilted maple none of the low end guitars use this grade of wood.
  • Again the headstock is not normal for Ibanez.

Thanks for all your help!
Joe
Attachments:
Ibanez_bass.jpg
That's a Peavey Millenium AC 4 in Black Violet. They're nice basses.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
So If I paid $94.99 for a used one in nice condition would that be reasonable?
Yes. IN my area of the universe that's a decent deal. And good luck and best wishes for your daughter taking up the instrument! We need more women in the low end!
Quote by JKinPA
So If I paid $94.99 for a used one in nice condition would that be reasonable?

You would probably be looking at around $300 for a new one, so yes, that's a great deal!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
It looks like a great thing. Most basses used for $100 dollars suck. I'd like that one my self
**** me, I paid nearly $400 for my black one new a couple of years back. One small pointer, the tuners can be a little fragile (all 4 have now been replaced on mine) and their customer service (in europe at least) is damn crappy.

But at less than a hundred dollars, that's a steal.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
They're solid workhorses, the Milenniums. Remember that it has 18v electronics, so requires two 9v batteries. I had one, and used it even after I got myself a Warwick.

The quilted maple top is indeed a very real top- very thin, though. The body is agathis (or certainly was. May be basswood now).
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at May 28, 2013,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They're solid workhorses, the Milenniums. Remember that it has 18v electronics, so requires two 9v batteries. I had one, and used it even after I got myself a Warwick.

The quilted maple top is indeed a very real top- very thin, though. The body is agathis (or certainly was. May be basswood now).

Veneer I would imagine
Thank you for all the replies sounds like I am getting a good deal from Guitar Center. Does anyone have any experience with their extended warranty package $14,95 should I bother and lastly if I wanted a Hard Shell Case for it what should I be looking at. I don't see any from Pevy out there.
Quote by JKinPA
Thank you for all the replies sounds like I am getting a good deal from Guitar Center. Does anyone have any experience with their extended warranty package $14,95 should I bother and lastly if I wanted a Hard Shell Case for it what should I be looking at. I don't see any from Peavey out there.

You paid a hundred dollars for it, it is really not worth taking out any kind of warranty. Anything minor that goes wrong you can probably fix yourself, and anything major renders it beyond economical repair anyway.

Regarding a case, I stored min in a coffin case for jazz model basses, the top horn only just fits. So really any case for a jazz bass should work.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.