Page 1 of 3
societal observations, let us bring judgement upon our neighbor and our fellow man

what do you think about the general attitude/atmosphere/consensus/beliefs in your country, region or state? is your society an open minded, tolerant and intellectual bunch? i'm sure they aren't
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
women are treated poorly
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Middle Class snobbery is through the roof. Bitches ain't even been on a caravan holiday and they wanna tell the poor how to spend their benefits.
The dick must be big, the ass must be fat and the hoes must be triflin.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Something like 85% Catholic, fairly intolerant of other religions (except Jews, usually). Still a lot of patriarchal ideas and opposition to LGBT rights. Surprising diversity in politics, but still shifted to the right.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Last edited by MAC2322 at May 27, 2013,
Quote by willT08
Middle Class snobbery is through the roof. Bitches ain't even been on a caravan holiday and they wanna tell the poor how to spend their benefits.

This.

Also we're still kind of suffering from thatcher's impact on our country. It's still run primarily by the people from that generation, who are motivated entirely by mindless greed and self interest.
On a related note: too many racists.
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 27, 2013,
There are rats everywhere and songs of nationalism fill the streets.

Don't come to Disney World.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 27, 2013,
Absolutely hate it. It is a good enough society that needs improvements (this applies to the whole world, but my country is more towards the better end of the spectrum than the shit hole end). My state is backwards of course, and nobody is open to change. Arizona is really the embodiment of colour-blind racism by whites having a negative effect on everyone else.

It is not all of America I hate, only a particular side of America, a side that I am a part of- the dominant class that victimises itself to justify its unfair treatment towards everyone else. That, and we are the dullest, most boring people in existence. We are well off but self-depreciative, which 'hurts' (I hate using that term because my type of people are on top and I should never feel bad for us over anything, ever) us as well as impacting those 'below' us or simply those different from us because it influences our disgraceful behaviour.

I will forever wear my nationality, surname, etc. as badges of shame.

And look at me, complaining about nothing. I've become just like all these racist, undeserving twats. Or maybe I've always been one of them and I just have not realised it yet.

Edit: I feel bad calling all of us twats, because we're not inherently bad people. But it's like we choose to intentionally be ignorant to justify our ****ed world view. And unlike people in some countries, there is no excuse for us.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at May 27, 2013,
I live in the Texas of Canada, so it can be a little nasty with discrimination. Although most of the people here are fairly "open-minded" outside of the whole give me country music or give me death vibe.

By open-minded, it is usually that passive Canadian charm you hear so often about,

"As long as they don't bother me, I don't care what they're doing."
350 million people from every corner of the planet. And one angst filled cockatoo.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
350 million people from every corner of the planet. And one angst filled cockatoo.

To clarify, I love some Americans, I just hate people like my family and people like my neighbours, and there are a lot of people like them.

UG brings out my worst traits, I swear.
Quote by captainsnazz
This.

Also we're still kind of suffering from thatcher's impact on our country. It's still run primarily by the people from that generation, who are motivated entirely by mindless greed and self interest.
On a related note: too many racists.

Real talk.

People can't find a job, living off tuppence a week and posh twats begrudge them pissing away a pound on biscuits for fuck sake. Thankfully I speak all proper like so I get to talk to some of these people despite being a council estate boy and I get to tell them what's what.

Also yeah, we could do without the racists. They'd be so easy to wipe out as well as the vast majority of them flock to 10 or so predetermined venues every weekend.
socially left economically right. middle class to upper middle class but not rich to the point of snobbery (mostly). very polite and civil, virtually no crime. demographics mostly consist of kids still in school & parents. shockingly white (wiki says 93%) although people arent racist (if they are they hide it well). pretty chill suburb.

i dont think i have enough overall experiences to really aptly sum up anywhere else other than my hometown.
Quote by willT08
Real talk.

People can't find a job, living off tuppence a week and posh twats begrudge them pissing away a pound on biscuits for fuck sake. Thankfully I speak all proper like so I get to talk to some of these people despite being a council estate boy and I get to tell them what's what.

Also yeah, we could do without the racists. They'd be so easy to wipe out as well as the vast majority of them flock to 10 or so predetermined venues every weekend.

'My people' are basically the American equivalent to this.

The state of British politics has been particularly depressing lately.
Quote by willT08

If you aint been Skeggy, Great Yarmouth or Weston-Supermare then you haven't lived the working mans life.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
If you aint been Skeggy, Great Yarmouth or Weston-Supermare then you haven't lived the working mans life.
I lived in a village just outside Great Yarmouth for half of my childhood until my dad abandoned me.

I'm like, a walking Working-Class stereotype.
Quote by willT08
I lived in a village just outside Great Yarmouth for half of my childhood until my dad abandoned me.

I'm like, a walking Working-Class stereotype.

You also live in Coventry, what a dive!

Haha I kid

not kidding at all
I actually live in a fairly nice area. Generally middle to upper-middle class, probably moderate politically on average (lots of conservatives, but increasing liberal population, including most of the locally famous people), burgeoning music and arts scene, low crime rate, lots of suburbia but a nice downtown area, strong and strengthening (from what I can tell) LGBT community... yeah. Though there is an undesirable amount of idiotic, intolerant, racist conservatives, including a good chunk of our regional politicians. It's still probably better than 90% of the rest of the south.
Quote by Cb4rabid
but for srs, does Syria not monitor the ''slander'' and shit you post on UG?

uh oh politically incorrect ignorant xenophobic potentially offensive abandon thread
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
uh oh politically incorrect ignorant xenophobic potentially offensive abandon thread

Potentially Syria's words not mine fyi anybody who read that wrong
pinga
Quote by Thrashtastic15
socially left economically right. middle class to upper middle class but not rich to the point of snobbery (mostly). very polite and civil, virtually no crime. demographics mostly consist of kids still in school & parents. shockingly white (wiki says 93%) although people arent racist (if they are they hide it well). pretty chill suburb.

i dont think i have enough overall experiences to really aptly sum up anywhere else other than my hometown.

This more or less applies to Canada in general, I would say. Except more aboriginals.
Quote by Cb4rabid
RIP Ali.

Who mentioned that? I'm talking about that cunt Mickey Mouse.

actually do you mind deleting yr post for reals
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 27, 2013,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Who mentioned that? I'm talking about that cunt Mickey Mouse.

actually do you mind deleting yr post for reals

Done.
pinga
wait what
Quote by korinaflyingv
intellectuallity is valued but not many are willing to question prevailing ideas, though that's changing

multicultural but not integrated. everyday interactions are fairly pleasant but it barely disguises systematic racism, xenophobia, etc. not very supportive of lgbt rights but that's changing slowly. You can't really live comfortably here unless you're extremely poor so that you qualify for welfare or if you're a millionaire (highest density of them here in the world, I think). Very very capitalist
cat
Apparently ponys are raped here on a daily basis. So I feel they are treated poorly. When will it end?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Literally 90% conservative christian, pretty intolerant of things that aren't conservative or christian, and they're a little bit racist, but the people are nice regardless so it's okay. Bunch of mexicans and cowboys, agriculture is big, etc.

One Big Ass Mistake America
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by guitarxo

multicultural but not integrated. everyday interactions are fairly pleasant but it barely disguises systematic racism, xenophobia, etc. not very supportive of lgbt rights but that's changing slowly. You can't really live comfortably here unless you're extremely poor so that you qualify for welfare or if you're a millionaire (highest density of them here in the world, I think). Very very capitalist

This is how I imagine Miami.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
This is how I imagine Miami.

not a totally wrong assumption actually

+10 points
pinga
Quote by Thrashtastic15

This is mine with a few differences

Probably not many "upper middle class" people at all, and it's not that white. Definitely the majority but there are a lot of Hispanics and Indians. Actually, the few upper middle class people I can think of are mostly Indian, lol

People are really nice. Never really saw any racism growing up or anything like that. It's a pretty chill place.
Last edited by WCPhils at May 28, 2013,
Quote by slipknot5678
To clarify, I love some Americans, I just hate people like my family and people like my neighbours, and there are a lot of people like them.

UG brings out my worst traits, I swear.

Wait, so are you saying that you, as a presumably liberal teenager, tend to not get along with middle aged WASPs?! My world is falling down around me....
Quote by progdude93
Wait, so are you saying that you, as a presumably liberal teenager, tend to not get along with middle aged WASPs?! My world is falling down around me....

lol

I'm a walking stereotype, I know.
Quote by slipknot5678
lol

I'm a walking stereotype, I know.

Not only are you a walking stereotype, but you're a walking stereotype blaring on about how you hate walking stereotypes because they suck and blablabla. But it seems that you don't hate ALL walking stereotypes, just the ones that apply to everyone but you.
Quote by progdude93
Not only are you a walking stereotype, but you're a walking stereotype blaring on about how you hate walking stereotypes because they suck and blablabla. But it seems that you don't hate ALL walking stereotypes, just the ones that apply to everyone but you.

Everyone but me? The one I described was the only one that does apply to me.

In any case, you are taking me way too seriously. I don't actually hate any of these people; they can do whatever they want. Doesn't mean I relate to them well, or that I agree with what seems to be a collective worldview. And I have always freely acknowledged that I am part of the problem, so for every finger I point, I know I deserve one pointing back at me.
I live in a college town. The thing I particularly dislike about the culture is the drinking. I see people drink. Really, I think that if a person needs alcohol in order to achieve whatever type of happiness or complacency they want, then something is wrong, and there's a reason that don't have that happiness in the first place. I think people, especially young college people, drink to obtain a false sense of happiness, along with a social expectation that they're supposed to drink. Really I think it's just a bunch of silly bullshit.
Page 1 of 3