Hello there,
I've had this problem for a few months now. The volume pot on my guitar is graced at the base (where the skinny part meets the wider part). The amp gets very staticky when the guitar is plugged in, and you can't hear any difference when you play a different note. I'm wondering if I need a new piece or if it can be fixed with solder? Also should I take it in to a pro or can I replace it myself? I attached a pic of the pot to this.


You can contact me at:

EDIT: I'm getting the vibe that this can easily be fixed, however I also have the problem that I'm relatively new to electronics in guitars, so could someone give me a link for the wiring map?
Last edited by foobgoof at May 28, 2013,
If you can figure out how to use a soldering iron it will take you about fifteen minutes to fix it.
Go to radioshack they sell a cheap soldering iron set and pots you can fix this for 12 bucks.
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
Buy a new one

Quote by emad
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.