It's been awhile since I've really played, but I'm starting to get back into guitar and music in general. I have realized that I really want a seven string. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it, though. I decided to check Rondo Music, since they're usually pretty inexpensive, and I've heard good things. I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two guitars. I'm looking for a guitar to play almost exclusively heavy metal on, like Nevermore or Arch Enemy style.

http://www.rondomusic.com/grendel727tribalgreen.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/septor727rncpwhite.html

As far as I can tell, they're very similar, other than the body woods, pickups, and tuners. Is that difference worth the extra $145, is there another difference I'm missing?

EDIT: I don't want a tremolo on this guitar.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at May 27, 2013,
Pickups are very important, especially with high-gain music like Prog Metal that you're looking to play. Personally I don't put much stock in any other aspect of a guitar, but pickups are probably the most important thing. I'd say if you're looking for a practice instrument either of those would do, although I can't say I'd take either of those on stage myself, not without modding it, which is something you could consider if you ever decide to take it to the next level.
ive neve rplayed a douglas guitr but ive heard many good things about agile guitars and played a few and was impressed by how much they cost

th emain reason the agile is more expensive i would imagine is because it smade out of mahogany not basswood
and s a carved top

but based on th eprice i probably wouldnt get th eoduglas...185 bucks for a seven strings seems...too good to be true
I own a Grendal in tribal green and i love it. Just needed acouple of adjustments outa the box as does every guitar. The thing plays amazing after i set it up and the finish is insane. The pictures on the website are ridiculously inadequate compared to how it looks in person. If you like, i could upload some pics of how it actually looks. It is a great guitar for the money.
Quote by supersac
ive neve rplayed a douglas guitr but ive heard many good things about agile guitars and played a few and was impressed by how much they cost

th emain reason the agile is more expensive i would imagine is because it smade out of mahogany not basswood
and s a carved top

but based on th eprice i probably wouldnt get th eoduglas...185 bucks for a seven strings seems...too good to be true

I am not positive about this, but I believe that the big price gap is because Agiles are made in Korea, while SX & Douglas are made in China.

I have bought a Douglas as a gift before, and I was impressed with it for what it was. It was about on par as every other entry level guitar, with the exception that it cost half as much.

If you're looking for something you want to seriously play, I would invest in the Agile, and get new pickups later if you have to.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X