Page 1 of 8
It seems kind of pointless to make it necessary for graduating. Especially if you've shown no interest in scientific studies, and didn't even do good in the class.
this house is bitchin
Last edited by CaptainCanti at May 29, 2013,
because chemistry is the shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Doesn't matter if you're interested in it or not. If that was the case, then lots of people wouldn't even go to school

It's necessary because it's an important science.

Don't be a bitch. Suck it up, and rough it out.

Chemistry is ****ing awesome btw
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Are you 15 or something? What a moron.

Well, technically. But I'll be 16 in a month.
this house is bitchin
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
school is important mmmkay

School, yes. But not classes like chemistry, that aren't going to ever help you in life unless you want a job as a chemist. I can understand the need for classes like algebra and geometry, hell even calculus, but chemistry is completely pointless.
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
Well, technically. But I'll be 16 in a month.
lol dumb freshman. I'd give you a wedgie and hurdle you into a locker while running down the hall for that.

But not really because I 'm a good boy. It'd still be funny though.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
lol dumb freshman. I'd give you a wedgie and hurdle you into a locker while running down the hall for that.

But not really because I 'm a good boy. It'd still be funny though.

I'll have you know I'm going on my junior year.
this house is bitchin
because hether you like it or not sciences are importatant to life having evryone takethescoences akes you better rounded and if you ever decide that you do want to go into the sciences having at least some background in the sciencescan only help

also if everyone is forced to takescience oddsare youll find a few who enjoy it or will take it as a carreer and we can never have too many scientists me thtink
Quote by magnus_maximus
Because everyone needs a working knowledge of the sciences.

Pretty much this. I'm taking chemistry next year. I don't particularly want to but I understand its importance.
Without it most people wouldn't be primed to think about chemicals and shit and would poison themselves or blow themselves up or something. and also it gets a small portion of those kids into chem and they end up becoming chemists and shit and progressing tech in the future so any teaching wastage on dumbos, is worth it in the big picture.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by slipknot5678
Pretty much this. I'm taking chemistry next year. I don't particularly want to but I understand its importance.

Once you take it, you'll understand how unimportant it is.
this house is bitchin
So you don't blow your dumb ass up when you get a real job.. Almost every job in the real world uses chemicals not just chemists
School is about proving you have the aptitude to learn, not necessarily about the subjects themselves. If you can't even deal with 10th grade science class then I'm not sure what to tell you; maybe to try being a man and stop being an emo brony tumblrfag.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by CaptainCanti

How is giving everyone a basic background in sciences (chemistry is an important one) a bad thing?
If you dont like chemistry, think of it as learning how to learn new things. You have to show that you are capable of learning new things, even if you don't want to learn that specific subject.

Also, the cognitive skills developed in chemistry are useful in other areas. Learning chemistry makes you smarter in areas besides chemistry
Quote by CaptainCanti
I'll have you know I'm going on my junior year.
You're only 15 right now. Your mind is all undeveloped which means I can still take full advantage of you.

This was not a homosexual statement.
Quote by babysmasher
So you don't blow your dumb ass up when you get a real job.. Almost every job in the real world uses chemicals not just chemists
Your username made me chuckle,
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Quote by CaptainCanti

oh it's you, didn't notice the name. lol.

come talk to us about the importance of various schooling when you've had a working adult life for a while.

it's the skill behind the subject that you're learning and I'd say the skills learnt in chemistry are a lot more useful in the average person's life than most other subjects.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by lucky1978
If you dont like chemistry, think of it as learning how to learn new things. You have to show that you are capable of learning new things, even if you don't want to learn that specific subject.

Also, the cognitive skills developed in chemistry are useful in other areas. Learning chemistry makes you smarter in areas besides chemistry

Yeah, this is like when kids in maths classes complain to the teacher that they'll 'never use this in life'. It's to develop problem solving skills you knobs.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
School is about proving you have the aptitude to learn, not necessarily about the subjects themselves. If you can't even deal with 10th grade science class then I'm not sure what to tell you;
I was prepared to say something like this as well, but this guy worded it way better than I could.
maybe to try being a man and stop being an emo brony tumblrfag.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Chemistry is important for janitors since OP is going to be one in a few years.

Quote by SGstriker

Because that shit's cool and science is important
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I wouldn't necessarily say it's necessary. Those classes plus others really help distinguish different kinds of students, and although it is a shitty thought, really helps make the spread on students gpa's. We need classes like that to make or break people like so many other unnecessary things in life. I for one hated chemistry and got a 69 but by that point my parents just wanted me to pass so I didn't get yelled at.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
you need to be well rounded. until a certain point, all of these general ed subjects are just extending your common sense abilities. you need to know the basics of how your body works, so you need to take basic biology. you need to know basic physics, and chemistry as well. you also need basic english. but when does this end? how many biology classes must i take before the government thinks i know enough biology to be a music major, or a physicist. iv taken biology 4 times and i have only taken physics once because physics obviously isnt important enough, says whoever runs the california education system.

i personally think high school should not exist. i learned more in middle school than i did in high school. aside from subjects that are or require some math like chemistry and physics, a few classes should be enough. i dont need to be analyzing any more books in english 104,399, i dont need to learn about how ecosystems and snails work in biology ever again, i dont need to learn about psychology or philosophy at all. i have absolutely no need for PE, why is it STILL a graduation requirement??? i do push ups and jump rope and go on walks at home on my time. i dont need a PE or child development or any of that bullshit.

high school should be junior college. you should pick your subject and study it. it would be so so so much more usefull time wise. instead you get bullshat for 4 years and then thrown out into the world at 18 with no idea whats going on. now i have to take out a million loans to go learn more general education? why? what is this doing for me? its just a bunch of nosense to pay for peoples jobs.

i want to learn math until there is no more math to learn and its up to me to invent formulas like energy is the speed of light squared times the mass of an object. but i cant, because i have to take another 2 years of general ed first? iv been taking general ed from k-12+2for college? this is absolutely ridiculous! i cant just take math, i wont graduate, no matter how skilled of a mathematician i become. its sad really...
It broadens your understanding of science which can be applied in multiple ways. I didn't have to take chemistry in high school but it's still extremely important. It teaches you to think in new ways, you learn about how the world is constructed, and learn things that are useful. Combining liquids/random stuff can be dangerous and a knowledge of chemistry helps.

To the whole 'if your not going into science it useless' argument: I'm in my third year of an English major and I think it's super important. You're not even 16; you don't even know what being out of school is even like, let alone what you'll use in that situation.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Because education can't hurt.

And i'm just going to assume TS is young and stupid and because, yeah.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Are you 15 or something?

Quote by CaptainCanti
ftfy

Spot on.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
In both highschools I went to you had the option of which science class to take. I think it was Earth Science, Bio, Chem, maybe something else. I chose ES because it was easiest. All we talked about were rocks and shit.
Quote by CaptainCanti
School, yes. But not classes like chemistry, that aren't going to ever help you in life unless you want a job as a chemist. I can understand the need for classes like algebra and geometry, hell even calculus, but chemistry is completely pointless.

An entire branch of science is deemed pointless by the 15 year old CaptainCanti with no real work experience or a high school diploma.

Do your god damn chemistry coursework and quit complaining.
Quote by Wormholes
In both highschools I went to you had the option of which science class to take. I think it was Earth Science, Bio, Chem, maybe something else. I chose ES because it was easiest. All we talked about were rocks and shit.

Same here. I took Bio 1, 2, and Physical Science. Basic chemistry but not too much. I'm terrible at math so bits of chemistry aren't so easy for me. I dig biology though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CaptainCanti

You understand the need for calculus, but not chemistry? Fyi, cooking uses chemistry.
It's okay guys, it's natural to try to justify why you shouldn't have to do something when you don't like and/or are shit at it.

Chemistry teaches a lot more than just plugging numbers into equations. I can say I learned a ton from my high school chem class.
Quote by slipknot5678
Yeah, this is like when kids in maths classes complain to the teacher that they'll 'never use this in life'. It's to develop problem solving skills you knobs.

Exactly this. It really annoys me when people complain about things being useless, even when they are actually really useful. Every subject in school affects how your brain grows and matures. It's very useful to be able to think mathematically and scientifically even if you are not going to be in either of those fields. The logic you gain from it is so useful.