Hey there writing as I listen.

Intro part is awesome. It's very melodic and nice. Your technique is very clean and tight. The part at 0:57 is very cool. I like the chord thing at 1:00. Whole thing sounds more Peripheryish then it does Bulbish to me. When doing Bulb stuff Misha ussually is much more "djenty" then when he writes Periphery stuff. I liek it though. The part at 2:28 is really nice with the drums. The whole songs is giving me a bit of a Metalcoreish vibe. It's kind of like progresive metalcore or something. Like a really melodic version of Veil of Maya's riff style minus the low chugs or something, if you catch my drift? But with a much more lead then riffing focus. Or well different type of riffing. Perhaps that comparison doesn't make sense at all.

I can't really comment much on the recording because you're basically doing a cam recording. SO instead I'll listen to the soundcloud version and will critique your mix a bit:

Writing as I listen again. The guitar seems to be a bit too much in the back. It's kind of hard to really hear the details somehow. Your guitar tone itself seems to be alright, I guess if you'd turn it up a bit it'd fix it. The mix could use some more clarity. Perhaps a little EQ to really give both the guitars (Since you've ussually got like one doing rhytm while another does lead) their own place in the mice. Like giving one the low mids and cutting the hi mids and giving th eother the hi mids and cutting the low mids. Perhaps some a fairly agresive high-pass on the leads would work to clear up some space down there. The drum sound is good. I feel like that especially the rhythm guitar could use a little bit of work in the clarity department. Give it some more highs and perhaps tone down the gain just a little bit? I don't really know how you'd go about fixing it. The cymbals also are a bit harsh at times. I think due to the missing highs elsewhere your mastering stage blows them up out of proportion if you get what I'm saying. Also do you have bass guitar in there? Because I couldn't hear any, so perhaps turn it up in the mix a bit/put in some bass guitar. Some gnarly basguitar interlocking with that nice Superior Drum puncy kick could really push the quality of the mix over the edge.

Productionwise it could be a bit crispier and sharp if you get what I'm saying. But the music that you make is truly amazing! I'm going through your videos and soundcloud stuff and pretty much everything is awesome. I really like the clean parts of Castle Bravo and all of your work is just awesome song-wise. I think if you up the production quality just a tiny bit (And you're almost pretty near to being awesome production wise too) I think you could really get somewhere with that stuff.

If you want check out my song https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603090 , some feedback would be awesome since you've really got your stuff down.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Quote by pinguinpanic
Hey there writing as I listen.

Intro part is awesome. It's very melodic and nice. Your technique is very clean and tight. The part at 0:57 is very cool. I like the chord thing at 1:00. Whole thing sounds more Peripheryish then it does Bulbish to me. When doing Bulb stuff Misha ussually is much more "djenty" then when he writes Periphery stuff. I liek it though. The part at 2:28 is really nice with the drums. The whole songs is giving me a bit of a Metalcoreish vibe. It's kind of like progresive metalcore or something. Like a really melodic version of Veil of Maya's riff style minus the low chugs or something, if you catch my drift? But with a much more lead then riffing focus. Or well different type of riffing. Perhaps that comparison doesn't make sense at all.

I can't really comment much on the recording because you're basically doing a cam recording. SO instead I'll listen to the soundcloud version and will critique your mix a bit:

Writing as I listen again. The guitar seems to be a bit too much in the back. It's kind of hard to really hear the details somehow. Your guitar tone itself seems to be alright, I guess if you'd turn it up a bit it'd fix it. The mix could use some more clarity. Perhaps a little EQ to really give both the guitars (Since you've ussually got like one doing rhytm while another does lead) their own place in the mice. Like giving one the low mids and cutting the hi mids and giving th eother the hi mids and cutting the low mids. Perhaps some a fairly agresive high-pass on the leads would work to clear up some space down there. The drum sound is good. I feel like that especially the rhythm guitar could use a little bit of work in the clarity department. Give it some more highs and perhaps tone down the gain just a little bit? I don't really know how you'd go about fixing it. The cymbals also are a bit harsh at times. I think due to the missing highs elsewhere your mastering stage blows them up out of proportion if you get what I'm saying. Also do you have bass guitar in there? Because I couldn't hear any, so perhaps turn it up in the mix a bit/put in some bass guitar. Some gnarly basguitar interlocking with that nice Superior Drum puncy kick could really push the quality of the mix over the edge.

Productionwise it could be a bit crispier and sharp if you get what I'm saying. But the music that you make is truly amazing! I'm going through your videos and soundcloud stuff and pretty much everything is awesome. I really like the clean parts of Castle Bravo and all of your work is just awesome song-wise. I think if you up the production quality just a tiny bit (And you're almost pretty near to being awesome production wise too) I think you could really get somewhere with that stuff.

If you want check out my song https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603090 , some feedback would be awesome since you've really got your stuff down.

This is probably the most helpful comment I've ever gotten. I truly appreciate the time it took to critique my work. I've always enjoyed the songwriting aspect of music making but have never been all that great at production and I think with comments like this (and further research) I can refine my craft.
try recording direct, i assume the kinda weak sound is because you're recording through your camera mic since i can hear your pick