Hi Guys,
Recently I orders a Vox Stomplab ig pedal for my guitar however the problem is it doesn't come with a power supply. The only information that I can find is that it needs a 9v power supply. I have a power supply that is 9v however it is 9v ~ 1A. Do you think the amps may be too much? It has been too much for the keyboards I have tried it in.
Yes, just make sure it's got a centre negative polarity. (Little diagram with two circles and and a half open circle in the middle, you want the open side to be facing the circle with the negative sign inside it.)
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Thank you for the quick reply I can't tell whether it is centre negative because it doesn't have a diagram. By the way it is an AC adaptor.
Here is the information on it:
PRI.:230V ~ 50Hz 83mA
SEC.:9.0V ~ 1.0A 9.0VA

Will it blow out my pedal if it isn't right?
Pick up a OneSpot
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The amperage of a supply is the maximum it can supply, not what it does supply.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The amperage of a supply is the maximum it can supply, not what it does supply.

this. it doesn't matter if the power supply puts out 1.0amp and the pedal only needs 35mA; the pedal will only draw what it needs. the problem arises when your pedal demands more amperage than the power supply puts out (your power supply burns out).