Get your filthy minds out of the gutter.

So, as I approach my next milestone of age I sometimes feel the need to take better care of myself. I was thinking that my diet of candy and soda might not be meeting my nutritional needs.

Well, now I have made the decision to start eating more salads. Embarrassingly enough, I am very unfamiliar with eating healthy.

My question to you is, what kind of salads do you eat?

Since I was a kid I've never enjoyed salad or been able to eat anything containing lettuce. Just seemed gross to me. As an adult, I really want to like salad but I'm not yet mentally prepared to put myself through that. One day!

Also, misleading title because licking butts has been a hot topic around here lately.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

Since I was a kid I've never enjoyed salad or been able to eat anything containing lettuce. Just seemed gross to me. As an adult, I really want to like salad but I'm not yet mentally prepared to put myself through that. One day!

Also, misleading title because licking butts has been a hot topic around here lately.

Yeah, I'm not very keen on lettuce either.

I do like me some cute butt though!
prison rape isn't cool.

salads are though.

Quote by JayT44

I know it totally defeats the purpose, but drench it in dressing for the first little while and use less and less each time you use it after that. I used to HATE anything green. I got to eating salads this way and now I can eat them with little or no dressing. I mean it still tastes like grass without dressing, but it's totally doable.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Just eat baked beans with everything. Heinz.

**** that, Skittles apparently contain real fruit juices, so just go nuts on Skittles.

The accompanying Diabetes will be totally worth it.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by naedauuf
I know it totally defeats the purpose, but drench it in dressing for the first little while and use less and less each time you use it after that. I used to HATE anything green. I got to eating salads this way and now I can eat them with little or no dressing. I mean it still tastes like grass without dressing, but it's totally doable.

That sounds like a great idea.

Thanks, friend!
Quote by 5_Years_Dead
What does this have to do with anything?

that's where the term salad tossing comes from

an inmate would smear dressing on his asshole and make someone lick it off :barf:

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Diabetes can be slimming, after all.

Yeah, and those multiple injections a day are just sunshine!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by MinterMan22
that's where the term salad tossing comes from

an inmate would smear dressing on his asshole and make someone lick it off :barf:

No kidding? That's pretty awesome. I love coming here and learning something new.

Thanks, friend.
Now to find a woman who loves salad dressing.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Caesar salads are cool
the sauce and cheese make it not so healthy, though
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
If you do ever deide to make a salad, don't make them with iceberg lettuce, use spinach. It's about 1000x better for you, so always swap out lettuce for spinach. Also try other dark leafy greens like kale, red/green leaf lettuce, swiss chard, arugula etc. Iceberg is mostly water, so almost any other leaf is a step up, the darker the better.

I have a recipe for a strawbery and spinach salad with a sweet vinagrette that's unreal. Also mandarin salad is pretty awesome.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

I have a recipe for a strawbery and spinach salad with a sweet vinagrette that's unreal.

mind sharing?
cat
I would highly recommend including some sort of meat in your salad (esp. chicken). Protein seems to be a widely neglected macronutrient when folks decide to improve their diets.
Quote by Ablazean
I would highly recommend including some sort of meat in your salad (esp. chicken). Protein seems to be a widely neglected macronutrient when folks decide to improve their diets.

I never thought about it before, but I recently started ingesting a shit ton more protein because I've been stepping up my workouts, and the amount of protein the average person intakes in a day is miniscule. I was actually surprised how little we get. To workout I need like 200g (give or take 30g) a day. Each meal you eat has roughly 30g of protein. 3 meals a day = 90g.

TL;DR EAT DAT PROTEIN
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Last edited by OneHappyCamper at Oct 26, 2013,
I'm pretty sure any vegetables were meant to be eaten raw. You think we had salad dressing 10,000 years ago when we found this shit on the ground?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by JayT44

This sums up my answer better than I could have done it.

That man must be a genius.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by guitarxo
mind sharing?

Feels a bit gay, but sure. It's super simple really.

Dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil (vegetable or canola, any type of salad oil really)
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp. minced onion (red or white, doesn't matter)
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika

Mix until the sugar dissolves.

Obviously the base of the salad is spinach (I use a whole bag of that prewashed stuff, or sometimes use a combo of red butter lettuce + spinach). Slice as many strawberries as you want to mix in and sprinkle with pine nuts (since pine nuts are crazy expensive I usually used shaved almonds and toast them a little bit beforehand).

It has a lot of sugar, so I wouldn't say it's an everyday salad, but it makes a great summer salad with barbecued chicken breast or some such.
Tuna, lettuce, cottage cheese, corn, avocado, kalamata olives and you're done.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Last edited by OneHappyCamper at Oct 26, 2013,
I would highly suggest ditching the bags of iceberg or romaine lettuce, that is a real good way to get turned off salad because those are shit lettuces. In the veggie aisle there should be plastic containers of mixed lettuce usually with a bunch of fancier types of lettuce and or spinach, I prefer the spinach blends as it supercharges the amount of nutrients in it, plus overall you are left with a pretty flavorful lettuce mix. The two brands I get are organically grown and the plastic container keeps it fresh and crisp longer then a bag.

Use oil and vinegar based dressing as they have the least amount of calories. People start eating salads thinking they are healthy, which they can be...if you don't douse them in dressing. Most vinaigrettes are extremely low in calories, generally around 30 calories per 2 tablespoons, but once you start getting into cream style dressings they can be 100 calories or more per 2 tablespoons, which really jacks the caloric intake up fast.

Add tons of stuff you like, you would be amazed at what tastes great in a salad and as long as you stay within your calorie limits you can do ANYTHING. As mentioned I would put some chicken or fish in all of your salads, its low fat lean meat high in protein which is what your body wants. Cheese is a good way to get some dairy intake and really add a bunch of flavor, but has to be used sparingly because its high in calories.

Lastly don't cook any of the veggies, cooking veggies drastically reduces their nutritional content making it pointless. And careful how much shit you fry, 1 teaspoon of olive oil is like 80 extra calories into a meal and all that adds up. Combine healthy eating with a limited calorie intake (1800) and you will see excess weight drop fast, combine with some exercise and you are golden.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
If you do ever deide to make a salad, don't make them with iceberg lettuce, use spinach. It's about 1000x better for you, so always swap out lettuce for spinach. Also try other dark leafy greens like kale, red/green leaf lettuce, swiss chard, arugula etc. Iceberg is mostly water, so almost any other leaf is a step up, the darker the better.

Yeah, I've basically made the switch from lettuce to spinach as well. It's just so much better. If I have to use lettuce though, I'll go with arugula or romaine lettuce (usually for a Caesar salad or something), never iceberg; It's just the worst.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I hate salads but I'd be open to trying them more. What would people recommend if calories aren't an issue? I actually need calories but tend to have way too much meat in my diet and don't eat well in general sometimes.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Salads can be nice when I'm in the mood for them but they're never enough for me really. Salads are the cliche healthy food too, plenty of other healthier and more substantial foods.
You could try a Greek salad (my fave), just quarter some small ripe tomatoes, chuck some cubes of feta in with it then a generous wodge of fresh basil leaves (maybe even some rocket if you're feeling adventurous). Splash generously with good quality olive oil. Enjoy.
Quote by captainsnazz
Weren't you calling us gay a little while ago, TS?

Who exactly is "us"?

I don't believe I ever called you or anyone here, gay.

But if I did, I'm sure that you, or "us" had it coming.

Now, stop trying to derail my thread, fag.
I actually don't mind a little tossed salad every now and then.