I was bored and started thinking of the bands I have seen. I couldn't pick an outright best performance but I was able to categorise them into "mosts" or "bests". I then decided to waste some more time by telling you poor people and asking for a response.

Best experience - Sigur Rós @ Brixton Academy, London 2013. They were just incredible and I'd never been to the Brixton Academy before so that was cool too.

Biggest - Metallica @ Download '06. I don't know how many people there were but I think 80,000+ went to the festival and it sure as hell felt like most people were there. They were pretty awesome too.

Most impressive - Tool @ Cardiff International Arena '06. After a bizarre performance at Download (late on stage, finished on the dot - no encore) they put on a hell of a show. Mastodon were supporting and they were pretty loud.

Most intense - Norther @ Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff 2008 (maybe?). I was right at the front with this little Finnish guy screaming his balls off. This was also the only gig I've ever attended on my own, as well as the funniest (Alestorm were who I was there to see and Turisas were headlining) and the one I left the quickest as a fight broke out in the crowd (I think the guitarist from Alestorm hit someone).

Flawless - Dream Theater @ Newport sometime after Systematic Chaos and again in 2011 at High Voltage festival in London. They just don't make mistakes.

Most unexpected - Colum Regan @ The Globe, Cardiff. Just one Irish guy with a guitar and a drum. Utterly fantastic. Supporting Sandi Thom who was also awesome.

Most times - Walter Trout @ The Coal Exchange, Cardiff. The Point, Cardiff. The Comedy Club, Cardiff. The Globe, Cardiff (2x). Pontardawe Arts Centre, Pontardawe. My Dad is a massive fan and so am I. Always puts on an electrifying gig. This would double as my most recommended to see as well.

Most awkward - LostProphets @ Solus, Cardiff SU. It was weird because they kept stopping to get the crowd going and complaining that it was like we'd forgotten who they were. Even weirder looking back now we know what Ian Watkins is like.

Most Anticipated - Rage Against The Machine @ Victoria Park, London. I had been a fan since just after they split up (typical) and had desperately wanted to see them. So after the X-Factor thing when they put out the limited tickets I knew I had to get one. Great gig so glad that I went.

Over to you

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I go to too many gigs to remember most of them but...

There was one with Dillinger Escape Plan and Btbam support in the now demolished Astoria basement that was intense. Smallish venue with balconies just above the speakers. Some of the dillinger guys kept scaling the speakers while things kicked off in the pit.

Also underworld camden often does a long saturday show with like 6+ bands starting from 2pm and it's usually unsigned/small bands until the 7pm hits and the major guys turn up. There was a grind/gore one a while ago that had gorerotted headlining and was packed out from the 2pm start (usually people wander in and out until the headliners show up) that whole show got me into grind. It's a nice venue too, big enough for a decent crowd but there's no barriers between the stage and security there is really chill. but a lot of stage diving though, mashed my shoulder up a few months ago from catching people during an crazy show.

I was at opeth @ roundhouse and devin townsend@ roundhouse, which were both memorable/special, but not quite 'omg amazing'

Oh and Celtic Frost was great. both times I saw them. Can't remember the venues. I remember I sprained a guys ankle the first time by a joke gone wrong, bought him a drink to apologise and then saw him years later at the next show and caught up.

Last few months; converge @ koko, korpiklaani @ underworld and cannabis corpse @ underworld, all stick out for me.

Also, I hate brixton academy, the sound there is awful, just a muddy mess, the handrails shoved in the middle of the standing area makes moving through the crowd annoying, and the security there is overly harsh. Pretty much every show I see there feels like a 'major' band just doing a run-of-the-mill show and there's nothing special or stand-out about it. Messugah + Devin townsend a few weeks ago was pretty meh by their respective standards.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Best experience - Dream Theater: One of my favourite bands, we met the band before the show (although it was Dramatic Tour of Events so no Portnoy), and I also met my current gf there.

Biggest - Rammstein: about a year ago. Their pyro and stage show was off the charts, unbelievable time. This concert will be mentioned again in this post I think.

Most impressive - Slash + Conspirators & Myles Kennedy: Wasn't really expecting a grandiose show or huge technical guitar playing talent, but I feel like these guys really delivered. Met Slash before the show, and I was impressed with myself regarding how tall I was compared to him.

Most intense - Rammstein: A bearded bald person grabbed me by the neck and threw me on the ground. Also, fire was used to cook Flake in a big pot. Fire was used outside of this occasion as well.

Flawless - Dream Theater: Same reason as you said.

Most unexpected - Green Day: Was never a really big fan, then-gf was a big fan, but they put on what was in actuality a really entertaining show. Very pleased.

Most times - AC/DC: Twice in the same weekend, Friday at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Sunday at Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA. Good god that was a loud weekend.

Most awkward - Bonnie Rait, opening for Rolling Stones: She was super echo-y in BC Place, Vancouver, which wasn't really her fault, but she wouldn't stop complaining about it.

Most Anticipated - Dream Theater: First time we were able to meet a band and it was probably my favourite band at the time.

Yeah, I see a lot of mainstream bands.

EDIT: Cool thread, bro!
Not sure on the dates and can't be bothered to figure them out so i'll just say the band and venue..also prob won't do all the categories.

Best Experience - The Drums @ The Pyramids, Portsmouth. Small venue really chilled, first time seeing one of my favourite new bands and sounded just like their records.

Biggest - The headliners at Reading probably still able to get quite near the front.

Most Impressive - Netsky, 02 Academy Bristol. Was a sick night was pretty smashed and loving it. Will defintely try and see him again when i'm at Glastonbury this year.

Most Intense - Lethal Bizzle @ 02 Academy, Bristol. During my freshers got free tickets was pretty mental in a mosh pit with loads of hench black guys haha.

Most Unexpected- Probably seeing tribute bands when i was younger with my dad at this local venue called The Brook in Southampton, looking back they were pretty decent especially the David Bowie and Led Zeppelin ones i saw.

Most Awkward - My Mates band @ The Joiners, Southampton. Not my sort of music at all heavy sreamo metal not feeling it but had to stay really.

Most Anticipated - The Strokes @ Reading Festival. My favourite band been wanting to see them forever and they were really good as well shame i didn't see them in their prime like 10 years ago.
You know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old.
I've only been to a few "major artists" concerts.

My first was Kim Mitchell which kicked ass he played Max Webster hits aswell
and at the end I got his autograph (coolest thing I did at the age of 13)

Biggest was KISS. I went with my dad in Halifax they put on a great show
It was a festival and the Trews were right before them. I'm sure they'd be
better if I wasn't waiting for KISS

The last concert I went to was My Darkest Days and Three Days Grace
(Literally 2 months before Sal from MDD and Adam from Three Days Grace left)

For local independent metal shows I played quite a few of them
If you want intense just go to Camden Underworld. My favourite venue for all types of music, but Hardcore gigs are extra special in there.
Great thread. i'll put my biggest and best experience into one:

Biggest/Best Experience - The Rolling Stones in 2006 seen as its the only arena-gig ive been to and i have never been to a festival with such an audience. keef so and mick so

Most impressive - Machine Head were supporting Slipknot in 08 and i didnt know a single MH song but it was mental. the second time i saw them supporting metallica and was not quite as impressed but that first time just stuck out to me

Most intense - leonard cohen played a 3 hour set when i saw him and he looked like he was having the time of his life great stage presence

Flawless - opeth or mark knopfler - my favourite guitarist or my favourite band... cant really compare them so i cant really say who played "better". they were both perfect

Most unexpected - killswitch engage this year. sylosis supporting actually made me go + jesse back on vocals (not that i disliked howard). such a fun band and again it seemed like they were having an especially good night.

Most awkward - children of bodom on the blooddrunk tour. good gig all in all + i hadnt expected alexi to be on form anyway - was still shocked how sloppy he was...

Most Anticipated - either the afrementioned metallica gig (which was great) or motörhead. had been a fan of both bands for ages and couldnt believe it when i finally got to see them.
Best experience - QOTSA @ Leeds '10. Absolutely incredible.

Biggest - Blink 182 @ Leeds '10. I was about 100 yards away from the stage and I was still barely halfway from the back of the crowd.

Most impressive - Foo Fighters @ Leeds '12. They've still got it.

Most intense - At The Drive In @ Leeds '12. Pits, pits everywhere. And a 7 foot black man in the middle of it all. I came out with a bloody nose but it was worth it.

Flawless - Gogol Bordello @ Leeds '10. It was quite early in the morning (for a festival) at like 12 or something, naturally, everyone was completely wasted due to the early morning hair of the dog that's necessary. The band played fantastically and the crowd was just as good.

Most unexpected - Libertines @ Leeds '10. I was expecting Pete Doherty to be off his face on crack and unable to play but he was surprisingly decent.

Most awkward - NOFX @ Leeds '10. They kept telling racist jokes after each song and even midway through each song and it felt so forced. None of them were even funny. It was a cringey experience.

Most Anticipated - Biffy Clyro @ Leeds '10. My favourite band for nearly 15 years. As soon as he started playing Many of Horror and threw an amp off stage for buzzing, I knew it was gonna be fantastic. And it was.

As you can tell, I like Leeds Fest.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Cool Thread!

First Concert: Was Ozzy with BLS as support in 2006. In Oslo Spektrum. Really cool show!

Worst: Bon Jovi in 2011 at Ullevaal Stadium. It was the second time i went to see him. First time was great, the second was crap. He had a cold and couldnt sing that well.

Biggest Show: AC/DC 2010 at Gothenburg. 60 000 people. Great show, but they didnt play that loud.

Most Insane: Children Of Bodom, Machine Head and Slipknot in Oslo Spektrum.Great show, but so many injuries.

Biggest Suprise: Judas Priest 2011 in oslo spektrum. Holy crap that was a awsome show. Went with my uncle and some friends, had some beers before the show. Didnt expect much, but they rocked!

The Best The Best: AC/DC at Vallehåvin Oslo 2010. First time seeing them. No noise limit. First Row. just awsome show.

I have been to many more concerts, but cant list them all
Here it comes! (its all in holland)
Best experience: Machine Head - 3 - 5 - 2012 Nijmegen at Fortarock festival. These guys where so brutal! Didn't knew them that well but the whole show was kick ass! Including the Mosh Pit
Biggest Show Guns n Roses on 3-10-2010 They kinda sucked, November Rain was the only song that I enjoyed
Most Awkward Me first and the gimme Gimmes at lowlands festival last summer. They kicked ass but their jokes where not funny at all.
Most Intense Foo Fighters at Lowlands Festival, Just 2 hours of jumping and singing
Most unexpected Dimmu Borgir somewhere in sept 2 years ago. My father took me to a Korn concert for the support act he said. Dimmu was much louder than Korn!!!
Quote by theguitarist
I go to too many gigs to remember most of them but...

There was one with Dillinger Escape Plan and Btbam support in the now demolished Astoria basement that was intense. Smallish venue with balconies just above the speakers. Some of the dillinger guys kept scaling the speakers while things kicked off in the pit.

Also underworld camden often does a long saturday show with like 6+ bands starting from 2pm and it's usually unsigned/small bands until the 7pm hits and the major guys turn up. There was a grind/gore one a while ago that had gorerotted headlining and was packed out from the 2pm start (usually people wander in and out until the headliners show up) that whole show got me into grind. It's a nice venue too, big enough for a decent crowd but there's no barriers between the stage and security there is really chill. but a lot of stage diving though, mashed my shoulder up a few months ago from catching people during an crazy show.

I was at opeth @ roundhouse and devin townsend@ roundhouse, which were both memorable/special, but not quite 'omg amazing'

Oh and Celtic Frost was great. both times I saw them. Can't remember the venues. I remember I sprained a guys ankle the first time by a joke gone wrong, bought him a drink to apologise and then saw him years later at the next show and caught up.

Last few months; converge @ koko, korpiklaani @ underworld and cannabis corpse @ underworld, all stick out for me.

Also, I hate brixton academy, the sound there is awful, just a muddy mess, the handrails shoved in the middle of the standing area makes moving through the crowd annoying, and the security there is overly harsh. Pretty much every show I see there feels like a 'major' band just doing a run-of-the-mill show and there's nothing special or stand-out about it. Messugah + Devin townsend a few weeks ago was pretty meh by their respective standards.

Were you at the UG gig at the Purple Turtle? I know a mod was, and since you mentioned Koko, I just thought it might've been you.

Anyhoos, most impressive gig gigs I've seen... Coheed & Cambria on the Neverender dates in London was pretty awesome, except for the bad news on the second night.

Also: Devin Townsend at Download last year. He was absolutely amazing.

Dave McPherson of InMe i saw at a hen party. He was very, very good.

Mastodon playing Crack the Skye in it's entirety at Nottingham Rock City was damn good.

Gojira at Liverpool O2 Academy were tight as well. In Flames were not as good.
Best experience - Metallica @ MSG, NY - not that they necessarily are the most perfect band ever live but for years and years my dream was to see them live. They were my second musical obsession as a teenager and are to this day my favorite band. They played an amazing set list (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2009/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-7bd736d8.html) I'm a big death magnetic fan if you cant tell by the list. It just was a dream come true. Lamb of God opened and they were in their prime regarding their music

Biggest - Metallica -- MSG--Lots of pyro--20,000 people

Most impressive - Clutch Starland Ballroom, NJ 2009- played 2- 1 and 1/2 hour sets back to back, totally rocked the house. Neil Fallon's voice was as gritty as ever. Just a spotless show, the stamina really impressed me.

Most intense - In Flames - Electric Factory 2011? - A lot of jumping, a lot of moshing. I remember being absolutely drained from the show, they played relatively well but my body felt like death after that one. That or GWAR for obvious reasons LOL

Flawless - Further Seems Forever in Philly 2011-2012--They were just so tight, especially for a reunion concert. They were just perfect, I heard Carraba as if he was on the record, I didn't even know the album insanely well but ever word was insanely audible. Awesome crowd too.

Most unexpected - Real Friends made a really impressionable mark on me when I went to see Senses Fail. I had their EP before but after their set I ran too there merch stand and bought their other EP. They just killed it, gritty, a lot of energy, they were tight...just really impressed.

Most times - Shadows Fall- seen them 4 times - not the biggest fan in the world but they opened for a lot of bands that I liked, I'm no longer into the core-metal thing too much.

Most awkward - Necro- Sounds of The Underground Year 2 tour- A "death rapper" who samples heavy metal riffs at a hardcore-metal festival. Bad idea, everyone kept booing him. He responded by calling everyone ******s. 5 or 6 shows later he was asked to leave the tour for "poor reception" LOL

Most Anticipated - Alkaline Trio/Rise Against 2010-2011?? I was just starting to transition from being a kid to what I at the time consider adulthood and the whole pop punk-punk thing was reborn in my heart. I just turned 21 and I remember just having a lot of nostalgic memories from the show. Friends who are no longer friends, people who have changed (including myself) A lot of us are now married and that show felt very..the beginning of a new era. Overall I remember the show taking forever to get there and both played awesome sets even though Alk's was a tad short. It was great.

Coolest--also most intimate-- CKY was on hiatus in between An Answer Can be Found and Carver City and they decided to do a warm up show in this tiny bar called John and Peters in New Hope, PA. No opener and literally they made the setlist by all 30 of us screaming requests. Theyd listen and go ok...and theyd start the song. Then Chad got wasted, asked if anyone knew if they could play guitar I raised my hand he let me on stage, I played a riff. He said " That's it? ---mumble mumble mumble-- You look like Simon Cowell" and then started playing guitar with some kid from the crowd playing drums. Jess Margera was not happ someone else was playing his drums btw lol Bam Margera was there with some sleezy chick and they were dry humping the whole time. Then Deron Miller asked to have a drink with him so we chilled with us for like 5 minutes and had to go.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at May 28, 2013,
Best experience - Sonisphere Finland 2012. Metallica, Machine Head, Amorphis, Gojira, Ghost & Hardcore Superstars. Needless to say any more I think?

Biggest - Same as last one, 45.000 people I recall.

Most impressive - Kiss @ Sauna Open Air 2010, Tampere, Finland. Can't really think of anything they didn't do in their set...

Most intense - Unholy Alliance Chapter III. Obviously Slayer, and with them Mastodon, Amon Amarth and Trivium.

Flawless - Maidens Last Frontier in 2011, with Alice Cooper as warm-up act.

Most unexpected - The fact that I could go to the toilet between bands, at the sonisphere mentioned before, without losing my front row position.

Most times - Trivium and Ghost, seen both 2 times

Most awkward - Death Angel @ Sauna Open Air 2010, Tampere, Finland. Mum was with us (no problem with that) but when we were in the meet&great queue, she came there and didn't know she was in line for the meet & great, so then she went all awkward and made the band go awkward aswell.

Most Anticipated - Rush coming up in two weeks! Can't wait for that!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Best experience - A Perfect Circle @ Nottingham Rock City, approx. 2006. Incredible, when they finished I couldn't believe they'd played for nearly 2 hours, I was utterly enthralled the entire time. Runner up: Deftones @ Camden Electric Ballroom, just prior to Saturday Night Wrist. Wicked gig, wicked atmosphere, and got my mosh on with Mikee Goodman.

Biggest -Foo Fighters @ Hyde Park. Huge gig, got shitfaced and burned in the sun. Great time!

Most impressive - Tool @ Nottingham Arena '06. First Tool gig, and they were phenomenal. Third time seeing Mastodon as well.

Most intense - Napalm Death @ Victoria Inn Derby, I forget when, probably around '05 or so I guess.. Insane. It's only like a 200 capacity place.

Flawless -QOTSA @ Manchester Academy, just after SFTD a master class in how to put on a gig. Great atmosphere, great sound, great songs.

Most unexpected - Skindred supporting Pitchshifter @ Rock City Nottingham never heard of Skindred before this gig, looked them up beforehand and saw the term "raggapunk" and wasn't impressed. Was stood at the back when they came on, with a pint in my hand. Was down in the pit by the end of their first song. Absolutely blew me away.

Most times - Tie between Mastodon and the Deftones, having seen both bands 10 times in various venues in Nottingham, Birmingham, London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Wolverhampton

Most Anticipated - Rage Against The Machine @ Leeds Festival for pretty much the same reasons as Blayney
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Mastodon playing Crack the Skye in it's entirety at Nottingham Rock City was damn good

I was at that gig, for me it felt like the moment when Mastodon graduated from heavy metal band to prog band to rival Tool in its concepts.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
I was at that gig, for me it felt like the moment when Mastodon graduated from heavy metal band to prog band to rival Tool in its concepts.

With that album they really came into their own. One thing I am gutted about, the support band. They were amazing, but I was a bit drunk on 3 for 1 cocktails to remember what they were called.
I'll play...

Best experience - Devin Townsend Project and Clutch, both in small venues. Great atmosphere, great sound, great music!

Biggest - AC/DC at Amsterdam ArenA. Great performance but mediocre sound, unfortunately.

Most impressive - Rammstein on their Made in Germany tour. Unbelievable!!

Most intense - Gojira at last year's Graspop.

Flawless - Iron Maiden: somewhere back in time tour, Slash in 2010. Aerosmith in 2007

Most unexpected - Leprous and Ihsahn on Graspop. I had heard of both bands but didn't really know them. They played at the sime time as Twisted Sister,who are insanely popular around here for some reason, so I went to see them in an almost empty tent. Beautiful.

Most times - Mastodon, Slayer: 3 times

Most Anticipated - Rammstein, probably
and now for something completely different..
Quote by Deliriumbassist
With that album they really came into their own. One thing I am gutted about, the support band. They were amazing, but I was a bit drunk on 3 for 1 cocktails to remember what they were called.

I don't think I saw the support, I was too busy knocking back beers in Langtrys
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Best experience - Green Day at the MK Bowl, 2005. My first gig and it was just an absolute spectacle. Absolutely massive audience of around 65,000. It was just a huge show.

Biggest - AC/DC at Download 2010. One of the biggest bands in history headlining at the home of metal on their own stage, with most of 110,000 people watching them.

Most impressive - Dillinger Escape Plan. Seen them a few times and they're just none stop energy, and still manage to sound good.

Most intense - Dillinger again. They're just madness.

Most unexpected - The Boy Who Caught The Sun in Birmingham in around 2009. I got a phonecall from a mate asking if I wanted to go to a gig later that night for some woman I'd never heard of (still can't remember her name), and this bloke was supporting. Just played really nice acoustic music and I still listen to him.

Most times - Hyro Da Hero. A cracking rapper with ridiculous charisma and on stage energy. I've drank wth him a bit too.

Most awkward - Astroid Boys in Milton Keynes in 2012. I saw them a few nights before at a Hyro gig and got plastered with them afterwards, so they remembered me as a fun, crazy guy. The MK gig's audience was just dead for their set (apart form some other bands on the bill moshing) and it just didn't work with their energetic stage show. They kept trying to get me to make everyone else get going but I was far too sober.

Most Anticipated - Paramore in 2009, 2010 and later this year. I'm a massive fanboy.
Saw this by chance, also from Swansea! Just wanted to say I was front and center in the CIA for that Tool/Mastodon show! AMAZING night!
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Quote by qotsakyuss
Saw this by chance, also from Swansea! Just wanted to say I was front and center in the CIA for that Tool/Mastodon show! AMAZING night!

I was probably stood behind you!

Great responses guys, lots of cool stories.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Best experience - Immanu El @ Le Stat's Coffee House 2013. The show was announced by the band with relatively short notice, so I was lucky that I was able to catch it. They played at a smaller venue and not too many showed up, so it was really intimate and (as Immanu El themselves described it) cozy. I suppose that fit well with their music (gorgeous post-rock featuring the vocals of an angel ). I met the band in a pizza shop before the show, and talked to them for a good while after it and got a CD signed. On top of all of that I think this was part of their first US tour. It was an unreal experience.

Biggest - Kendrick Lamar/Portugal. The Man/others artists I don't care as much about @ Sun God Festival 2013. Crazy, crazy stuff. Though, I wish the crowd was more receptive to Portugal; I felt like I was the only one giving them love. Everyone was waiting for Kendrick, I guess. It's understandable, since he was fantastic as expected, but Portugal deserves some love too.

Most intense - Insomnium/Epica/Alestorm @ San Diego House of Blues 2012. Holy hell was Insomnium good live. Alestorm was a riot, not to mention incredibly good performers. Singing along rowdily to Wenches and Mead has got to be one of my top life experiences, haha. Epica was great as well, although Simone was sick so her voice wasn't as good as it could have been. Still, it was a killer show.

Most awkward - Minus the Bear @ UC San Diego 2013. Both awkward and a little disappointing. Awkward because I was stuck behind some people who were really damn tall. Disappointing because the mix was really wonky and MTB played more songs from their two newest albums than I was hoping for. I still had fun, though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Were you at the UG gig at the Purple Turtle? I know a mod was, and since you mentioned Koko, I just thought it might've been you.

Anyhoos, most impressive gig gigs I've seen... Coheed & Cambria on the Neverender dates in London was pretty awesome, except for the bad news on the second night.

Also: Devin Townsend at Download last year. He was absolutely amazing.

Dave McPherson of InMe i saw at a hen party. He was very, very good.

Mastodon playing Crack the Skye in it's entirety at Nottingham Rock City was damn good.

Gojira at Liverpool O2 Academy were tight as well. In Flames were not as good.

I was. Didn't talk to anyone I don't think. I think I might have been at the bar all night. Everyone calls it the 'UG Gig' when it tbh it was a few barely affiliated/non UG bands headlining and mostly meh-level UG guys supporting.

Haven't seen Mastodon in a while because I don't like the direction they've gone since Crack the Skye. I remember way back when I saw them 3 times in the space of 18 months never got tired of it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
All the superlatives go to Tool at Rock am Ring 2006, except for most fun and most times seen.

Most fun: good ol' Hevy Devy in Aschaffenburg last year
Most times seen: Periphery, at a grand total of twice (once in Frankfurt with Dream Theater and once in Wiesbaden with TesseracT). I've never seen a band more than once.
Biggest - REM, Balloch, '05/TITP '08

Best Experience - Travis, Barrowlands, Glasgow, '07. First gig in a proper venue.

Most times - Electric Six, ABC, Glasgow '09, '10, '11, '12 and again this year.

Most Enjoyable - Electric Six every time. Oh the hilarity.

Most Intense - Crystal Fighters, Captains Rest, Glasgow, '11

Most Unexpected - P!ATD, T in the Park, '08. A band I've never liked but they came on to a pretty small crowd and were surprisingly excellent. Still don't like them though...

Flawless - Pixies, SECC, Glasgow, '09
Quote by Blayney

Most intense - Norther @ Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff 2008 (maybe?). I was right at the front with this little Finnish guy screaming his balls off. This was also the only gig I've ever attended on my own, as well as the funniest (Alestorm were who I was there to see and Turisas were headlining) and the one I left the quickest as a fight broke out in the crowd (I think the guitarist from Alestorm hit someone).

Why didn't I know about this!?? Clwb Ifor Bach is 10 minutes from my god damned house. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've done similarly, but i kept it down to a) who put on the best show and b) who sounded best. Flaming Lips and Explosions in the Sky, respectively. seen flips twice and eits once... but by God that one show was incredible

I'm not going to categorize these, but I'll list a few that were really good:

Rage Against the Machine
Frank Turner
Flogging Molly
Green Day
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Snowing
Algernon Cadwallader
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Children of Bodom
System of A Down
Bloodhound Gang
Rush
Pearl Jam
Weezer
Quote by theguitarist
I was. Didn't talk to anyone I don't think. I think I might have been at the bar all night. Everyone calls it the 'UG Gig' when it tbh it was a few barely affiliated/non UG bands headlining and mostly meh-level UG guys supporting.

Haven't seen Mastodon in a while because I don't like the direction they've gone since Crack the Skye. I remember way back when I saw them 3 times in the space of 18 months never got tired of it.

I was one of those 'meh-level UG guys.'
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was one of those 'meh-level UG guys.'

You wish you were one of those meh-level UG guys
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Largest: Big 4 @ Sonisphere Knebworth 2011. 200,000 people. Absolutely colossal gig.

Best Experience: Metallica on the same night. Having 200K people singing The Memory Remains is an overwhelming experience. Dream Theater @ Manchester Apollo 2012 was also incredible because they're Dream Theater.

Flawless: Once again, Dream Theater on the same night. They make everything they do seem effortless.

Most Intense: Alestorm @ Sonisphere 2011. 5,000 people dressed up as pirates in one giant moshpit under what was essentially a tent. It was more like a riot than a gig. Monumentally fun.

Most Awkward: Guns N' Roses @ MEN Arena 2010. Disastrous gig for me. The first time I saw them they were so loud they gave me hearing damage. I now have tinnitus in my right ear.

Most times: Metallica. 3 times.

Most anticipated: Sonisphere 2011. I waited over a year to get tickets.

Most Unexpected: Bill Bailey @ Sonisphere 2011. Enter Sandman on horns ftw.

I know that's a lot of Sonisphere 2011 stuff but it was a mind bogglingly good festival.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 30, 2013,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Best gigs I've ever been to are still Sigur Ros at Alexandra Palace in 2008 and Agalloch at Underworld in 2009. And Gold Panda's set at Blissfields 2011 was absolutely unbelievable, but that might have just been because I was tripping so hard I didn't know which way was up.

mad jelly about the Gold Panda one