just bumping this now that the video is added (i didn't put it on there at first). it might be too hard to pin point this whistling part for guitar though.

either that or only beginners and ametuers looking for tab are the only ones in this section.
Hi its the IMguy here again hehehe did you get the tab already?

Do you want the clean/acoustic guitar that plays while he whistles OR do you want the whistle transcribed for you to play it like a solo instead?

Anyway, in case you dont know, if you are talking about all the acoustic stuff going on while Axel whistles, there are 2, 3 and for some parts 4 different acoustic guitars playing at the same time. All transcriptions i found on this ong were adaptations to either 2 guitars or even just one! So... if you want a perfect transcription (is willing to cover this with 4 guitars and all, or for study purpuses idk), then i dont know any tab about it.

Checked a few video lessons for it and the best sounding adaptation (for 2 guitars) in my opinion was this one (song demonstration starts at 01:35)

http://www.cifraclub.com.br/guns-n-roses/patience/

It is in Portuguese. But it has VERY NICE onscreen tabs with detailed explanation for each guitar/part (there is also a text version of the tab on the left, but you will see the tab inside the video is even more detailed. It is 1 hour long, use the MENU "Capítulos" under the video (chapters) to navigate between the different parts/lessons.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Eddie82 at Jun 8, 2013,
allow me to clarify. i want the actual whistling part substituted to guitar. not the guitar part that's played during the whistling part. i want to be able to play the whistling part on guitar and not actually whistle myself.

thanks for far.
Allright! Lol i got it right at first, and then started creating this:

www.soundslice.com/tabs/5169/guns-n-roses-patience-wlyrics-tab/

(the tab is supposed to aulto-scroll while the video plays +there is a "half speed" option. If it does not work properly try a different browser (check site FAQ, its a very cool site/tool)

But then i thought maybe you wanted the guitars and replied here with those links :p

I just saw your reply. Will finish the tab in a couple of hours and you can check that site later on. All i did so far was adding the sound durations, not the actual transcription yet.
it's gettin' there. the all i need are the notes in the question marks, those or right on cue. i can't tell for sure which is the right notes myself for sure. there's also a little whistle riff after the solo to. i think people will find it interesting that i play the lead instead of the whistling.
thanks
I had some issues with my computer since that time. I am starting to check my e-mails and accounts now and wanted to leave you some feedback. At this point you probably learned it already lol. Anyway, just to let you know im back online, if u still need the tab let me know, cheers!
Quote by dog_style
i want tab to the whistling part though, plus that was for knockin' on heaven's door.

Erm...that link was for Patience & it included the whistling part
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Eddie82
I had some issues with my computer since that time. I am starting to check my e-mails and accounts now and wanted to leave you some feedback. At this point you probably learned it already lol. Anyway, just to let you know im back online, if u still need the tab let me know, cheers!

i kinda forgot about that song. but would still like to play the guitar for the whistling parts. i been busy working lately, and couldn't tell if i was hitting it note for note for sure.