We've all heard of people using super glue as a callus before, what about on skin that's really weak? I just tore the crap out of one of my fingers that I desperately need, would super glue be safe on it?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Wasn't super glue invented for that purpose or something?

What's the worst that could happen.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
its highly recommended yes
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CarryMeHome
Only one way to find out

Yep
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by eGraham
Wasn't super glue invented for that purpose or something?

What's the worst that could happen.

^This. The original purpose for super glue was to close wounds.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
Super glue was pretty much invented as a medical adhesive. However, you have to be careful: make sure you have good quality super glue, as the cheap stuff is more likely to be a mix of different chemicals, some of which may be toxic. Also, I'm fairly certain super glue reacts quite explosively to linen, cotton and silk, so be careful when applying it.

However, depending on the openness of the wound you might be better off not applying super glue. On small cuts that are likely to keep opening it's good, but on deep, open cuts you're better off seeking proper medical advice.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I do it all the time.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
If you could describe the cut in more precise terms than "tore the crap out", we may be of more use.
Quote by Todd Hart
Super glue was pretty much invented as a medical adhesive. However, you have to be careful: make sure you have good quality super glue, as the cheap stuff is more likely to be a mix of different chemicals, some of which may be toxic. Also, I'm fairly certain super glue reacts quite explosively to linen, cotton and silk, so be careful when applying it.

However, depending on the openness of the wound you might be better off not applying super glue. On small cuts that are likely to keep opening it's good, but on deep, open cuts you're better off seeking proper medical advice.

Good sensible advice here TS
]
Super glue? That sounds kind of extreme, TS. Wouldn't you just rather cauterize the heck out of it?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Super glue? That sounds kind of extreme, TS. Wouldn't you just rather cauterize the heck out of it?

Yea. I'd use an acetylene torch.

edit: Acetylene torches get up to 3300 degrees Celsius

I had to look it up after I said it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at May 28, 2013,
When I say "tore the crap out of" I don't mean that it's hardcore bleeding or anything. I mean I tore through a very solid callus I've been building for 3 years. Right now it's at like the weakest layer of skin (which is extremely red) and minor amounts of blood have come out.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Joshua Garcia

I met a guy once who tried to cauterize a wound using a lighter, all it did was compound a cut with a burn.

Quote by Rawshik
When I say "tore the crap out of" I don't mean that it's hardcore bleeding or anything. I mean I tore through a very solid callus I've been building for 3 years. Right now it's at like the weakest layer of skin (which is extremely red) and minor amounts of blood have come out.

Hmm, I'd be cautious about using super glue then (unless you have proper medical grade stuff). If you're at that layer of skin then infection is your main risk, and super glue can leave holes and bubbles in the layer than allow for infections to form. I'd apply to antiseptic cream and put a plaster/bandage on. Super glue will mean you can play again quicker, but it might be better to just speed up the healing, which super glue isn't likely to do with surface damage.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at May 28, 2013,
Quote by Wikipedia
Harry Coover said in 1966 that a CA spray was used in the Vietnam War to ****** bleeding in wounded soldiers until they could be brought to a hospital. Butyl cyanoacrylate has been used medically since the 1970s outside the US, but, due to its potential to irritate the skin, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did not approve its use as a medical adhesive until 1998 with Dermabond. Research has demonstrated the use of cyanoacrylate in wound closure as being safer and more functional than traditional suturing (stitches). The adhesive has demonstrated superior performance in the time required to close a wound, incidence of infection (suture canals through the skin's epidermal, dermal, and subcutaneous fat layers introduce extra routes of contamination), and final cosmetic appearance.

In other words it works but the FDA doesn't recommend it.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by eGraham
Yea. I'd use an acetylene torch.

edit: Acetylene torches get up to 3300 degrees Celsius

I had to look it up after I said it.

That's a small price to pay for an open wound on the finger.
Quote by Todd Hart
I met a guy once who tried to cauterize a wound using a lighter, all it did was compound a cut with a burn.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 28, 2013,
Sew it.

EDIT: KNIT IT SHUT WITH STEEL WOOL
Quote by AfroMan Skeeter
I put a hot dog up my ass before, ran around my house butt-naked looking for my cat, and shot the hot dog outta my ass at it. Myaw Myaw was never so pissed (Myaw Myaw is my cats name btw)

Cyanoacrylate aka Krazy Glue was used with extreme success by doctors in the Vietnam war to seal mild cuts. It acts essentially as a second skin and is non-toxic and safe. As a long time first aid attendant it is something I keep in my first aid kit. Warm water can easily dissolve the glue so its not hard to get off. I have never had much luck with steri-strips (those stick on stitches) actually sticking and staying, a little bit of Krazy Glue does a much better job. They actually formulate specific versions of Cyanoacrylate especially for this use now.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Don't cauterize it, use the super glue and keep reapplying until the wound is healed up. If you apply the glue soon enough theres no way for infectious germs to get in, it will make a pretty good seal around the whole area. Highly recommended for cuts of all kinds. May sting a bit at first though.

Super glue is actually used in eye surgeries to hold the eye lids open while preforming some eye surgeries. if the stuff is ok to go onto your eyeball I'm plenty sure its fine for your finger.
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
Last edited by R8:31b at May 28, 2013,
Quote by angusfan16
Weld it shut.

Is he Iron Man?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Put a bandaid or, if it's that big, gauze and medical tape on it like a sane person.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Well it's been used in battle and was popular in Vietnam I believe. Only problem is that it's only a temporary fix, especially for deep and more serious wounds like nasty gashes and gunshots due to internal bleeding. And also the fact that it doesn't actually fix what's going on in there.

But in your case it's just a normal cut. I guess it'll probably work great. Can't say it's a completely healthy thing to do though. Seems kind of like overkill if you ask me. You know they actually make like medical-grade superglue for things like that eh. Also, I'm sure a simple bandage could suffice.
Use a needle and thread you pussy.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all