I want to upgrade from my Epiphone G400, and was told Carvin make fantastic guitars.

Should I save up for one? (I'm looking at the CT3)
only if you want one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Lots of companies make fantastic guitars. Do you want a $1500 guitar for any reason? Is there any reason it would only be Carvin?
@Soccerguy, i like the fact that with carvin, you can customize almost everything. also, i want a guitar that im going to keep for the rest of my life, which is why i wouldn't mind saving up for something in the carvin range.
I love my carvin and it seems most owners love theirs. They build great guitars with great materials. You have quite a few options with them as well, which allows you to choose what should benefit you the most.

Of all the options available, I'd stick with the cheapest pickups because they're mediocre at best. You'd likely be happier with a different set. And I'd definitely get the stainless steel fretwire. That stuff lasts forever.

For a carve top i'd plan on spending a little more than $1,500.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by johnyere
@Soccerguy, i like the fact that with carvin, you can customize almost everything. also, i want a guitar that im going to keep for the rest of my life, which is why i wouldn't mind saving up for something in the carvin range.

When it comes down to it, you can't customize that much. There are just a few base models that you can change a few things. And any guitar in Carvin's price range is something you can keep for the rest of your life. Only get a Carvin if it's what you want. If you want a Tele or Les Paul, don't get a Carvin just because you can customize it. Carvin doesn't make Fenders or Gibsons. Carvin makes Carvins. Find out what you really want and save up for that. If that's a Carvin, get a Carvin. If it's something else, get that.