Hey guys, I got a Schecter C1 Plus. Not the worst guitar ever. about 500-600 bucks when I bought it.

I bought it about 5-6 years ago. I'm not really digging the aesthetic anymore. Right now I'm more into the Telecaster look.

Got one of those pamphlets in the mail that Guitar Center sends you and I saw this cool little Squire Tele. About $170 bucks.

So I know that Squire ain't the most beloved brand but I don't know, I'm kind of bored and maybe it would be cool if I could trade in my Schecter for such a guitar.

Who was it that wrote that lyric, "Real Rock and Roll's about cheap electrical guitars ..." ?

Not sure if my local Guitar Center would be interested in the trade in but can't hurt to ask ...

Wanted some other thoughts on this though because I have one concern. I'm a punk rock guy. I know Punk Rock guys that use Teles have the special pick ups. I have a distortion pedal though so I figure that's enough right? Soundwise?
To me, that sounds like a huge step sideways. Guitar Center is selling that guitar used for ~$300. So that means that they'll pay out $200 to you at most. Try putting it on your local CL for the same priced used that guitar center is selling it for, or trade for a Fender MIM tele. If you get the cash, you should easily find a Fender MIM tele for $300
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Quote by thebestjoe
To me, that sounds like a huge step sideways. Guitar Center is selling that guitar used for ~$300. So that means that they'll pay out $200 to you at most. Try putting it on your local CL for the same priced used that guitar center is selling it for, or trade for a Fender MIM tele. If you get the cash, you should easily find a Fender MIM tele for $300

thanks man. I didn't consider that. What's a MIM? I googled it but couldn't find it.
Quote by RoosterSmith
thanks man. I didn't consider that. What's a MIM? I googled it but couldn't find it.

No problem at all. MIM stands for Made in Mexico.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
I'm 54 years old and have been playing for 40 years . I just bought a Squier Butterscotch Affinity Telecaster at Guitar Center just yesterday for only $179.99 brand new. I'll be honest with you right now, if your local GC has them, go and get one. They are Fender's best kept secret .
I thought Charvel held that title.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by jeffo46
I'm 54 years old and have been playing for 40 years . I just bought a Squier Butterscotch Affinity Telecaster at Guitar Center just yesterday for only $179.99 brand new. I'll be honest with you right now, if your local GC has them, go and get one. They are Fender's best kept secret .

Good to hear. I'm going up there tomorrow to try one out.