Hello all, been a while since I've used this site.

I play through a Laney LV300 120w tube amp combo with a 12" Celestion Seventy 80 speaker. I generally use my Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 FR (which has a very deep, rich tone), Parker Mojo Fly (which has a much quiter, muffled tone), and Ibanez SZR (which has a muddy heavy tone). I'm looking for a suggestion as far as pedals or general tips as to how to increase the "beefyness" or "fatness" of my distorted tone.

I use a Boss ST-2 Power Stack for my distortion, and run it through the clean channel on my amp. I generally don't use the built-in distortion and crunch channels because they are pretty unappealing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I've got a wampler superplextortion into a Peavey Delta blues 1x15. Deep and rich tone with a huge range from clean to plexi. Good OD from the plextortion. A Bit pricey though if you can still get them.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
No pedal is really going to make your tone thicker.

You won't like this answer, but a new amp and/or a good quality 4x12 will do you wonders.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Overdrive pedal on your distortion channels rather than using a distortion pedal on your clean channel.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Overdrive pedal on your distortion channels rather than using a distortion pedal on your clean channel.

I find TS style OD pedals taper off the low end and boost the upper mids and add aggression. But he wants thick beefiness, which you need your low mids for.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by JELIFISH19

I find this more tightens up the low end on most distortion channels, but this amp is a SS, and what TS needs are tubes IMO. A cab would also contribute because the speakers would push more air.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Maybe try running a 10 band eq in the loop and boosting your low mids.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
yeah, using the amp gain will be the first step....thats why good amps are so expensive if you want to use everything on board.

using distortion pedals is a dead giveaway to a thin tone....and generally to compensate really really good distortion pedals are 200-300 or more. thus, making a better point to buying a better amp.

boosting a tube amp or using a great overdrive is an easy way (NOT a distortion, ODs are different) not for gain 100%, but for theit slight boosting / EQ characteristics. however, if your underlying tone is bad, it may not help.

EQ pedal...a good shot here. can really change the tone in a lot of ways.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
TS your amp is not a tube amp, it has one 12ax7 in it and that's it.

An OD like the Digitech Bad Monkey has a treble and bass control so it may do you better than just a TS type pedal with one tone control. level at max, gain at 0-2and the tone knobs to what you like
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
that's not a tube amp and the 70/80 is a pretty mediocre speaker.

a better amp and better cabinet with better speakers would probably be the thing.

boss distortion pedals are often a bit trebly/thin too, so that's probably not helping (though with a better amp you probably wouldn't need pedals, aside from an od used as a boost).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
eh you don't have to go boutique

but as i said, if the main thing is the distortion tone, just getan amp aimed at that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
After checking out a few dozen sound clips and videos of the Boss ST-2, I noticed one common factor between all of them even though all the videos/reviews used different amps and guitars. There is a BIG spike in the upper mids in that pedal. It gives it a tone similar to a "cocked- wah" (like leaving a wah activated somewhere mid sweep). To my ears it thins out the tone and gives the pedal a very aggressive EQ curve. In my opinion, you need to re-think your setup a bit. To try to eq that out of the pedal on the amp you'll more than likely end up with a very dark clean tone that won't balance with your dirty tone very well.

If you can swing it financially, try and look into a new amp to totally eliminate the need of a pedal. If finances are a little too tight, a different pedal will work too. There are a lot of great dirt pedals out there now in the same price range as BOSS's stuff that will blow it out of the water. Give us a possible budget and we'll help you decide on something that will give you some bang for your buck.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Wow thanks guys. I always thought my amp was of pretty high quality, but that must've been a sales pitch to an ignorant 16 year old (me, at the time). I think what I might do is save up in the future for a full tube head, and run it into my Laney GS412A to get a more live, responsive tone.

I used to use a DigiTech RP150 (garbage) and then realized that it was not only full of weak tones and effects, but it compressed my sound to the point of tinny weakness. That's why I got this ST-1 distortion, and it seems to have more "beefyness" than the built-in OD and Distortion settings in my LV300.

As of now I am dirt broke, only 10 dollars and change to my name, so my budget is null and void. However if you give me the approximate amount that I will likely require to enhance my sound, i.e. pedals, new amp, etc.... it will give me a relative idea of how much I need to work towards.

Is getting the Laney GS head a good idea? I'm sure it will have more balls.
do you mean a laney gh head? yeah they're pretty nice (i have one). it'd sound better through better speakers than 70/80s, too, though.

but if you're in the USA there might be better-value options.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
damn dog....if you got 10 bucks in your name you better stop worrying about your guitar tone
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
99.999999% of the time. People play with TOO MUCH DISTORTION. Try turning the gain down.

Use the amps distortion. Stick a tubescreamer before the amp to boost your signal & upper mids. Wack the bass on 6-7, mids on 4 & treble on 6.
I had a Laney TF700 which was basically an older version of the LV300. I actually got a pretty heavy tone out of the 3rd channel. Try engage that VTS switch when you are on the drive 2 channel and see if that works for you.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115