I am an intermediate player, I currently own a Epiphone SG (that I bought for 350$) but it does not play the type of music that I want to play, which is metal/rock.

I wanted to purchase an Ibanez that is in the 350-450$ price range, and am not planning on upgrading it in any way since I do not have the know-how to do so.
Help much appreciated.
If you go used you can get a great Ibanez for the price. What amp are you using? since that will make more a a difference since you have the epi SG all ready which is a rock/metal guitar.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by Tom 1.0
Rg550

or RG570

they are around if your not in a hurry
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
^both of you beat me to it. the RG550 and RG570 are great guitars. Honestly, that would be the best recommendation(s) for you. Most other Ibby's in that range will not compare to the above 2 guitars. Of course, you will have to find them used.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I could pick up a used RG520 with CL/LF pickups for $350, so yeah, older MiJ RG would be your best bet for around $400. I did only play $440 for a dinged up rg2550e and $500 for a minty rg2570. Good deals if you're patient.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
I could pick up a used RG520 with CL/LF pickups for $350, so yeah, older MiJ RG would be your best bet for around $400. I did only play $440 for a dinged up rg2550e and $500 for a minty rg2570. Good deals if you're patient.

really????? i was given my RG2550EK but i know that they go for over $1000 2nd hand generally!!!!!
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Yep, lots of chips along the edges, which is a fact of life for RGs I did put a couple hours into setting it up properly. The bridge was actually touching the pick guard (tuning stability was non-existent) and a bunch of the saddles had some weird issue with the ball end catches and string locks.

Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Question to the OP.

Are you looking for something with a trem or would you like to stick to a fixed/hard-tail bridge?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Trem would be nice, but it doesn't really matter to me. I would be fine without one.