Hey guys. Tonight I decided to switch a few pedals around to a more "proper" way on my board and for some reason I'm not getting any response when I plug my guitar in. All the pedals are powered which is the weird thing. Everything's active until I plug in my 5th pedal (Chorus or Flange, I tried both) and then it's almost like it dies. I unplugged the Chorus and plugged in just the connection cable to my guitar and it worked. So I'm stumped as to why the final pedals don't have response. Any ideas ? All cables are plugged in nice and tight, everythings connected. I'll even get a 'click' through the amp if I turn on the Wah, Comp or Distortion.

I'm running a Pedal Power 2+ into a EVH Wah > BBE Opto Stomp Comp > MXR 78 Dist > Boss Super Phase > Boss Super Chorus > Dod Stereo Flanger > Guitar

Thanks !
Did you make sure all the outputs are plugged into input on the next pedal?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
What are you powering the pedals with?
If you're using a single daisy chain, it sounds like you've hit the limit on how much power draw thingy a single power source can provide.
Quote by Toasted_Waffelz
What are you powering the pedals with?
If you're using a single daisy chain, it sounds like you've hit the limit on how much power draw thingy a single power source can provide.

yep, had this problem before. buy a 2nd psu
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by darkwolf291
Guy's using a pedal power 2
More than likely, it's not his PSU

nope. I had exact same problem 2 years ago. Add a 2nd PSU, fixed.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by ibanez_guru
nope. I had exact same problem 2 years ago. Add a 2nd PSU, fixed.

Nope.

Nova Delay has its own PSU and the MXR 10 band and Fulldrive share an 18v PSU.
All the rest run on a PP2+. No problems.

I would say a bad patch cable. Or bad PS connector.
i had a problem with my pedal power 2 and had to add a 2nd PSU

nice pedal board! i do love voodoo labs gear. I use a gc pro with my axefx. love it

Quote by gregs1020

Thats for the replies guys. It doesn't make sense to me that one of the best power sources on the market can't handle 6 pedals when it's made for 8 though, especially when I had the exact same pedals powered on it before, just in different sequence. It's not the patch cables because I unplugged each one and did the thumb buzz test and they were all responding up until that last point. I'll fiddle around with it tonight and see if I can figure it out.
what pedals do you have running at the same time tho. Some pedals can draw slightly more power than others

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by CodeMonk
Also...Check where you have each pedal plugged into the PP2+.
Some power outlets have lower mA ratings than others.

+1 Only explanation is you have a pedal which requires mA's in a lower mA powered socket. Check all your pedals mA's online.
Ohhhh, okay I'll do some switch around. So, does the power source order matter ? Or as long as they're all chained in sequence is what matters ?
The only thing that matters power wise is that the pedals are receiving enough mA to function, and that the voltages match, of course. They don't have to be in any order on the power supply.

I'd check the 1/4" jacks on the pedals where the signal gets cut off. Make sure they're tight and haven't gotten loose. I'd also try only using each individual pedal one at a time, that should tell you if it's a pedal or a cable issue.
I'll do that right now. I just fiddled around with pedal positions (with some guidance from the PP2+ manual) and it still didn't solve the issue. It seems like the last pedal in my chain, or something involving it is throwing it out. The cable connecting into that one gives the normal buzz/hum when it's unplugged from it.

PP2+ > EVH Wah > BBE Opto Stomp Optical Compressor > MXR 78 Distortion > Boss Super Phaser PH-2 > Boss Super Chorus CH-1 > DOD Stereo Flanger FX75 (Not necessary in my chain, I've been excluding it since this problem has been in the troubleshooting process.) They are all 9V adapter plugs, the Boss pedals are all the normal PSA adapter. I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas how I should plug this chain into the power source ?
It shouldn't matter how they're plugged in, since all of those should be well under 100 mA, which is the minimum current output on the PP2+. Also make sure the switches for all the outputs are in the normal position.

You could also take two pedals you know work, and test each patch cable between the two, and see where that gets you. I'm betting it's a bad patch cable.
So I unplugged everything one by one, and plugged it all back in vice verse, testing all the pedals and patch cords connecting them directly into my guitar. This worked until the last pedal again, I switched the first cable into the power source with the last one and it worked fine ! Super fine. I'm back up and running. Thanks chip46.