Hello there!
Could someone please tell me what could be causing this problem? (Marshall Valvestate VS15R 15watts)

Is this something that is easy to fix?
Picture of the inside of the amp

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
It's caused by a faulty jack. Specifically the tip tang is out of spec. Replace it. It's mounted to the PCB so you have to pull that out to replace the jack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Since the VS series is kinda old now, it's more than likely a little oxidation (rust/grime) in the jack. Go to the nearest radio shack/hardware store and get some electrical contact cleaner. Unplug amp, spray into input jack, insert and remove cord a couple dozen times (lol), and let dry.

If that doesn't work, the jack is starting to become faulty. This is still an easy fix if you know how to solder.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
I think the jacks are kind of weakspots on these old valvestates. They start to act up one by one, i know mine did. Contact cleaner may help for a while but its time for replacement that makes a good contact again.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Thank you guys for the help! I tried cleaning it but that didn't really change anything so I guess I'll have to replace it.
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.