Hey all. Just thought I'd see what you guys and gals think of this track I threw together. Nothing fancy. I'm mainly trying to work on my production quality and mic placement so let me know what you think about those areas. Thanks .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgb-xwJHo0
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
It had sort of a post-rock spaceyish feel to it, which was kinda cool. I think one thing you could do to really take it to the next level is play around with the dynamics a bit. The parts where you had the clean guitar with the reverb sounded right, but when the distortion kicked it it seemed to stay at the same volume. The I think if you made distorted part louder, and possibly add a tad bit more distortion or presence it'd give the song more peaks and valleys, if that makes sense. Since the song stayed the same volume the whole time it sort of lost it's appeal part way through. Also I think the drums may have been just a tad too loud, but that might be more of a personal preference than an actual issue.

I really liked it though. It seemed to feel like 'stressed' like someone traveling really far. It certainly fit with the title!
Hey thanks for listening. I get what you are saying about the peaks and valley's. I wanted to add more distortion in the "chorus" part but I had a hell of a time finding a decent slightly distorted tone out of my vox stomplab. The thing has killer clean tones but thats about it. Do you have anything you want me to listen to?
Nope, not at the moment. I just enjoy listening to what other people have done. And I feel ya on the tones man. I use a lot of amp sims and they're great for clean tones or for serious distortion, but anywhere in the middle it doesn't work too well.
I really liked this iPlayBass! It certainly has the qualities to be a kick-ass composition. Dude, you should develop it more, I was thinking of maybe, a key change by adding a bridge to open it up, breakdowns, pauses and what about tempo change? like a 7/4 with that marching rhythm. Overall it's a good recording. I find the sound quality pretty good even on my crappy earbuds. Did you play all instruments?
Quote by jsantos
I really liked this iPlayBass! It certainly has the qualities to be a kick-ass composition. Dude, you should develop it more, I was thinking of maybe, a key change by adding a bridge to open it up, breakdowns, pauses and what about tempo change? like a 7/4 with that marching rhythm. Overall it's a good recording. I find the sound quality pretty good even on my crappy earbuds. Did you play all instruments?

I hear what you are saying man. If I didn't have to compose half the tracks I do on my computer I would probably do a lot more with my stuff. I get kind of impatient sometimes when it comes to piecing together synth and drums ect in fruity loops lol. Thanks for the kind words