Yesterday..it just died, for no reason.

I was using it, then I switched it off, hang around with some friends, put it back on to listen to some music on the way home, and....nothing. Dead. Wouldn't switch on.

Got home, and tried to plug it in in case it had switched on in my pocket and had run out of battery.

Nothing The computer wouldn't even detect it. I tried leaving it attacjed to the power supply all night and still nothing.

It just died, in three hours.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? And why it could have happened?

And if there's anything that can be done?

It's a sony walkman nwz A865.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I dunno...maybe try uhh...contacting the manufacturer and checking to see if the warranty's run out?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Because smartphones, I always forget that mp3 players exist.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I'm on my second Sony Walkman mp3 player at the moment. I had the first one for a couple of years, dropped it repeatedly and broke a few buttons off it and it still works perfectly well today. I've dropped my new one a few times too and it still works as it should. Neither have died on me like yours, maybe you just got a faulty one.
I had the same problem, it just takes around 5-10 minutes for the walkman to charge up but use the computer to charge it. Give it time.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Why don't you come out of 1997 and get an ipod?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by lushacrous
Because smartphones, I always forget that mp3 players exist.

It gets a bit annoying hearing people say this..I know of smartphones, and I own one, I jsut prefer listening to my music on a seperate device 'cause of battery.

If my phone runs out if battery, I have no phone. If my mp3 player runs out if battery (which takes much longer than the phone when listening to music) I still have a phone to...you know...make phone calls and stuff.

Quote by ProgFripp74
I had the same problem, it just takes around 5-10 minutes for the walkman to charge up but use the computer to charge it. Give it time.

I guess I'll try...as I said, I've tried using keeping it attached to my adaptor all night, but to no avail.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at May 29, 2013,
i know that feel bro, my horse died last night

i rode it to my leprosy and polio diseased friend's cave to help him wash his clothes in the river and churn some butter, and when i came back out the mayans had shot it in the face with a vcr
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at May 29, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
i know that feel bro, my horse died last night

i rode it to my leprosy and polio diseased friend's cave to help him wash his clothes in the river and churn some butter, and when i came back out the mayans had shot it in the face with a vcr

And after that you told som black people to get back to their country? Or pick my cotton boy!
Why Is everyone finding it so funny? The Walkman is a pretty good product.
i have a six cd changer in my car. feels good
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Krieger91
Why Is everyone finding it so funny? The Walkman is a pretty good product.

i donno, i just jumped on the bandwagon because joke potential

realistically there could be any number of things wrong with it, but i have a feeling there's little you can do to fix it. go get yourself a sansa clip
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
i donno, i just jumped on the bandwagon because joke potential

realistically there could be any number of things wrong with it, but i have a feeling there's little you can do to fix it. go get yourself a sansa clip

I keep on hearing about these..are they that good?
Quote by Eastwinn
i have a six cd changer in my car. feels good

I have cd player with a USB port in my car. So i get a lot more music then you get from 6 cd's
Quote by desperatechris
I have cd player with a USB port in my car. So i get a lot more music then you get from 6 cd's

yeah but you don't get the cd nostalgia.

seriously i have both options but i prefer keeping a cd case around
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by desperatechris

My grandmas car only had a tape player, so we had to get a cassette tape adapter that used some magic wizardry to turn it into an auxiliary jack, which we plugged into a portable cd player

I miss my old cd player
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Krieger91
I keep on hearing about these..are they that good?

sandisk sansa brand is pretty great quality for a low price. the clip is just cheap and convenient, with support for pretty much any file type you want and the best audio quality on the market

they're not even paying me
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at May 29, 2013,