I am getting ready to craigslist one of my guitars. I am putting a silver Gretsch Electromatic Pro with a bunch of upgrades (i know that generally upgrades do not add to value). it has been upgraded with NYII pickups, schaller roller bridge, sperzel locking and a graphite nut. It does have a ding on the back bottom that is small but other than that it is in very nice shape. Comes with a top of the line hard case. Would $425 be too much to ask? I think the used market is a bit soft right now but Gretsch holds pretty well. What would you consider a decent price for both seller and buyer?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
The seller want the highest price and the buyer the lowest.

Place a higher number and he will haggle and feel like he won.

or she im not a sexist.
Always price it for more than you think you will get on craigslist. That way, when someone tries to talk you down (and they will), you can say "Ok, I guess I can take that much." and they think they won.
Start it at $600.
It looks like when they were sold by retailers, they went for about $450 new. If you're including the case, (probably like, what, $80-100 for that?) that sounds fair.
Craigslist is a slut for people trying to lowball you I have sold so much crap on CL and everyone has tried to lowball when emailing, then they try it again when they show up to purchase the goods. I tried selling my old Epiphone Plus Top PRO/FX on CL I paid $600 for the guitar without a hardshell case, purchased a $110 case for it ontop of it, had it on CL for $500 didn't have anyone come close to that, I think $300 was the highest. Traded it in at my favorite guitar store and they gave me almost $500 for it, I was expecting maybe $400 because they have to turn around and re-sell it, which they did in a week for $440 so everyone ended up happy especially the dude with the guitar, I don't think you can get an Epiphone in a hardshell case for under $600 normally!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5