https://soundcloud.com/jaakkorauhamaa/betrayed

Here's a song I wrote with my friend just for fun. It's some kind of thrash metal/punk song. Don't take it too seriously because we don't. So don't get offended by the lyrics.

The guitar solo (recorded by my friend) sounds (or at least tries to sound) like Kirk Hammett.

Oh, and this is our first song with lyrics. I think the part after the guitar solo could also have some lyrics but we haven't come up with anything yet.

The link didn't work because it had a bad word in it, lol. Now it should work.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at May 29, 2013,
Hey man! I enjoyed that alot. I can hear the Hammett reference with the solo (usage of the wah and chromatics at the end). Wow, this is just for fun? I bet your serious stuff rips! Cheers bro!
Quote by jsantos
Hey man! I enjoyed that alot. I can hear the Hammett reference with the solo (usage of the wah and chromatics at the end). Wow, this is just for fun? I bet your serious stuff rips! Cheers bro!

Thanks.

Yeah, the lyrics were just for fun (I'm really not an anarchist, lol) and the music wasn't that serious (just wanted to write something heavy - the riffs are pretty much copied from other songs - not consciously but when we wrote them they kind of sounded familiar. The intro for example is almost a straight copy from Of Wolf and Man by Metallica but again, we didn't try to copy it, it just happened. Many parts of the song also remind me a bit of Holy Wars by Megadeth). But I kind of still take all my songs seriously and if I start a song, I want to finish it so that it sounds good. Me and my friend always get strange inspiration and write new songs all the time. And they aren't really that serious but as I said, I still take all my projects seriously and want them to sound good.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at May 30, 2013,
Nice playing and I dig where you are coming from. I thought solo fit the song really well. It sounds like you had a blast recording it!
I'm deeply offended by the lyrics....
Nah, just kidding!
Thanks for the critique!
Tight rhythm guitar riffs. The bass line is cool!! The drums could be a tad bit louder in the mix, to me. Not really the style I listen to, but it sounds good!
Last edited by mattmakaha at Jun 1, 2013,