I was wonderin if I can play my guitar through rocksmith and record it using audacity. Is it possible?
Idk, you're an ordinary asian guy though, and to the rest of us apparently that means electronic wizard, So you should just be able to figure it out hey?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Ehh not really... I'm one of those rare types of asian that're not really good at stuff. I dont do math either
If there is a mode where you can just play whatever you want then yes, if not then yes.

It involves having to have an interface either way, either recording in game audio, or the 1/4th guitar cord. It'd be much easier just to get an interface and some amp emulators.
Last edited by stratkat at May 29, 2013,
Well shit man, That's like being black and being bad at sports or being white and not feeling entitled

well... I don't know your answer... so...

Have this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ecu1SWO0IM
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I have a very related question. Does using a jack to USB converter (like the Rocksmith cable) pose a risk to any of the computer's components? I remember reading some guy on the Internet saying that plugging the guitar right into the sound card may damage it because it's not built for that kind of thing. Since this is the Internet, I am convinced that he knows what he is talking about because everyone knows what they're taking about on the Internet. Then again, this isn't to the sound card itself, and there'd probably be reports of damaged PCs if the cable is wreaking havoc.

How does this compare to actually using a recording interface? Some of the people who have Rocksmith are saying the sound quality of the amps and effects are very good, so I'm toying with the idea of getting the game and a free DAW to do some recording of my own. I'm not a serious songwriter, so a real recording interface is way overkill for me.